Fashioning a Career at Walmart
- IMPROVE YOUR CASH FLOW. CLARK, KIM; LEE, ANNE C.; MANGLA, ISMAT SARAH; POFELDT, ELAINE; WEISSER, CYBELE; Tepper, Taylor; Lee, Hailey // Money;Aug2013, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p62
The article offers guidelines for increasing cash flow. It suggests creating a life-cycle savings plan and taking the savings rate. The case of Wal-Mart executives who contracted and expanded outlays to fit the firm's business cycle is described. Financial planner Michael Terry advises adjusting...
- Jeff Davis. // Financial Executive;Winter2014, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p40
An interview is presented with Jeff Davis, Chief Financial Officer (CEO) of retail industry firm Wal-Mart Stores. Davis says he attended college planning to become an architect but changed to the study of accounting and finance after four semesters. He says that assisting in developing talent of...
- Bulletin. // Profiles in Diversity Journal;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p10
The article offers news briefs related to executives in the U.S. in 2012. Jasmine Green, vice president for the Nationwide Insurance, has received the Chief Customer Officer (CCO) of the Year Award. Jeanette Kilo-Smith has been appointed as vice president of diversity and inclusion at Wal-Mart...
- WASHINGTON PEOPLE. Davenport, Todd; Blackwell, Rob; Paletta, Damian; Bergman, Hannah // American Banker;1/18/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 11, p3
Mentions government agencies and officials. A speech introduction made about acting Comptroller of the Currency Julie Williams at a joint meeting of the Women in Housing and Finance and the Exchequer Club; The comment of New York Federal Reserve Bank President Timothy Geithner about large...
- Proxy Access gets an influential vote of confidence. Systrom, Kevin // Directors & Boards;2015 Annual Report, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p36
The article presents the report entitled "Proxy Access In The United States: Revisiting The Proposed SEC Rule" from the CFA Institute, an association of investment professionals, regarding the costs and benefits of proxy access. It discusses the increase in proportion of women nominees for...
- THE END OF MEN OR THE REBIRTH OF CLASS? CARBONE, JUNE; CAHN, NAOMI // Boston University Law Review;May2013, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p871
This Essay argues that much of what has been described as the "end of men" is in fact the recreation of class. Greater inequality among men and women has resurrected class differences and changed the way men and women relate to each other and channel resources to their children. While women have...
- Chomiuk leaves Kmart to head Wal-Mart pharmacy operations. Frederick, James // Drug Store News;10/22/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p3
Reports on the appointment of Ronald Chomiuk as vice president of pharmacy operations of Wal-Mart Stores on October 1, 2001. Responsibilities to the company; Career background.
- Wal-Mart Taps Glenn Habern To Oversee On Line Division. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/29/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 82, p15
Details the appointment made by Wal-Mart Stores Inc. for Glenn L. Habern as senior vice president of business development, with responsibilities for Wal-Mart On-Line, the company's Internet division. How Habern started in the company; Information on Habern.
- The people make it all happen. // Discount Store News;Oct99 Special Commemorative Issue, Vol. 38 Issue 18, p103
Discusses the corporate culture within the business divisions and operations of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Techniques in personnel management; Views by employees and executives of Wal-Mart stores; Effect of growth to the company.