Imagine There's More DTV
- Avid editors take Smoke route. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Apr2000, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p96
Focuses on the use of Discreet's Smoke (DS), a high-end editing and graphics system, at broadcast facility GM Editing. Comments from GM managing director, Gareth Maynard; Remarks from editor, Philip Kenchington; Why the company looked at DS and Editbox.
- ITN with the new. Bedford, Piers // TVB Europe;Dec2000, Vol. 9 Issue 12, p40
Looks at the technology advances made by companies which manufacture remotely controlled broadcasting cameras. Demand for remote-controlled cameras; Television station in Great Britain which uses a remote-controlled camera for its broadcast; Specifications of some remote-controlled cameras.
- Fox runs with SmartJog. Lindemann, Carl // TVB Europe;Oct2005, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p34
The article announces that SmartJog will deliver Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution's broadcast-quality television programming digitally to international broadcasters all over the globe. Full-length episodic programs will be digitized in broadcast-quality format and delivered as...
- Business re-think. Hill, Mark // TVB Europe;Nov2001, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p1
Discusses some technological advances seen at the 2001 IBC exhibition in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Information on the servers that are used in the SDTV service delivery; Solution of LG Electronics to the practical difficulty of human operators engaging with the MPEG-7 data schema; Improvement in...
- Triax and coax camera control systems. Cuomo, Anthony C. // Broadcast Engineering;Jan1997, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p76
Features coax or triax camera control system cameras used in television broadcasting. Flexibility advantages and cost efficiency offerings; Interconnectivity advantage of triax cables; Full-featured operations over long distances; Operational advantages of processing component video signals.
- DigiDelivery gains momentum. Giardina, Carolyn // TVB Europe;Oct2005, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p36
The article reports that Digidesign's DigiDelivery file exchange system has gained acceptance throughout the broadcast, film, gaming and mobile technology industries. The system combines a software application with a server. Customers include Discovery Channel, Cartoon Network, SDI Media, Sony...
- INSIDE MASSACHUSETTS' BELMONT MEDIA CENTER. Liles, Bennett // Sound & Video Contractor;Dec2013, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p50
An interview with Jeff Hansell, executive director of the non-profit organization Belmont Media Center in Belmont, Massachusetts is presented. He states that the media center is a small community media center but is very active. He cites that the center focuses on making professional...
- First Calrec in Mexico. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Sep/Oct2005, p8
Reports on the acquisition of Calrec Zeta digital console by Mexican broadcaster TV Azteca. Overview of the first Calrec console in Latin America; Description of the digital console.
- Lens decisions. Thorpe, Larry // Broadcast Engineering (World Edition);Sep2008, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p22
The article discusses the key factors to consider to select the correct auto-focus system for high-definition television (HDTV) field and studio lenses. It examines the phase detection approach to auto-focus, secondary image registration phase detection, implementation of the auto-focus sensing...