Nevins Era Begins at Showtime
- Showtime Rides Wave of Success. Jensen, Elizabeth // Television Week;5/19/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p24
An interview with Matt Blank, the chairman and chief executive officer of Showtime, is presented. Blank previously worked with rival HBO. Since he joined Showtime, the network has been enjoying a period of great critical acclaim. He speaks about the challenges and rewards of his tenure at the...
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;4/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p28
Reports developments related to television networks in the U.S. as of April 2002. Plans of Showtime Networks Inc. to create a weekly gay-themed programming block; Details of the audience rating of A&E Network; Information on the rerun of the television program 'I, Claudia,' in Trio.
- More new movies and series slated for TMC, Showtime. Simon, Ellis // Electronic Media;11/4/96, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p4
Reports on the plans ofb Showtime Networks, to improve its programming in 1997. Movies to be added to The Movie Channel (TMC); Comments from Jerry Offsay, SNI's president.
- Co-producers tell Canada to loosen up. Honeycutt, Kirk // Hollywood Reporter;8/30/95, Vol. 338 Issue 38, p7
Reports that both Canadian producers and representative of Showtime Networks Inc. and USA Networks has called for continued Canadian government subsidies to local industries to attract American production.
- Sundance readying for February debut. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/4/95, Vol. 125 Issue 49, p70
Reports that Showtime Networks will launch its 24-hour premium cable film network, The Sundance Film Channel, in February 1996. Estimated number of subscribers; Carriage deals with DBS programer USSB.
- Free looks. R.B. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/9/95, Vol. 125 Issue 2, p26
Reports that Showtime Networks Inc. will run free previews for Showtime cable television network from January 14 to 15, 1995 and the Movie Channel network from January 10 to 13, 1995.
- Showtime fights for screen time. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;04/14/97, Vol. 127 Issue 16, p58
Reports on the increasing popularity of cable network Showtime Satellite Networks operated by Showtime Networks Inc. Increase in Showtime's market share; Decreasing market share of Home Box Office (HBO); Estimated premium subscribers of Showtime and HBO; Declining ratings of theatrical movies;...
- TV Networks Invest in Wolves of Wall Street. GOLDBERG, LESLEY // Hollywood Reporter;4/4/2014, Vol. 420 Issue 12, p16
The article reports on the plan of several television network companies to produce motion picture adaptations, including the book Andrew Ross Sorkin's "Billions" by Showtime and Kevin Roose's "Young Money," by Fox Television Studios.
- TMC gets original fare. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;11/04/96, Vol. 126 Issue 46, p63
Reports that Showtime Networks Inc. is planning to add original programming to its co-owned premium service, The Movie Channel (TMC), starting March 1997. Number of movies to be premiered in 1997; Benefits of the move for TMC and Showtime; Possible migration of TMC's original programming to...