Obama Adviser Backs Broadband Stimulus Growth
- Broadband $ Not Redundant, Says Advisor. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;8/23/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 32, p28
An interview with National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) administrator Lawrence Strickling is presented. Strickling states that National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA) president Kyle McSlarrow was wrong in referring the wireless broadband stimulus...
- Designing Internet 3.0. Munro, Neil // National Journal;4/10/2010, p23
An interview with Lawrence Strickling, administrator of the U.S. National Telecommunications and Information Administration, is presented. When asked how the government can build consumer trust in the Internet, he states that the government's role must be first evaluated. Strickling mentions...
- $100M-plus Broadband Map Runs Into Cost Questions. SVENSSON, PETER; TESSLER, JOELLE // Community College Week;Fall2009 Technology Update, p11
The article focuses on the debate over the costs of a U.S. national broadband map to expand high-speed Internet access. The telecommunication industry believes that the 350 million dollars allocated by the stimulus package is more than enough to create maps. The National Telecommunications and...
- UTC RELEASES TELECOM-SPENDING REPORT. // Urgent Communications;Aug2009, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p12
The article focuses on a United Telecom Council (UTC) study which predicted that total utility telecommunications-related spending could top 5 billion U.S. dollars in 2010. The two major government spending initiatives that will drive spending increase in the U.S. include 7.2 billion U.S....
- TECHNOLOGY. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/4/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 13, p13
The article announces that the Utah broadband Mapping, Analysis, and Planning Project is receiving a supplemental grant award of 3.1 million U.S. dollars from the U.S. Department of Commerce's National Telecommunications and Information Administration.
- NTIA to gather tower-siting best practices. // RCR Wireless News;4/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p11
Reports on the efforts of the U.S. National Telecommunications and Information Administration to disseminate information on tower siting and other rights-of-way issues to spur broadband deployment. Advantage of the effort.
- NTIA asks for comments on broadband deployment. // RCR Wireless News;11/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p7
Reports on the request of the National Telecommunications and Information Administration for comments on several broadband deployment issues. Submission of the request.
- Federal government OKs expansion of ARRA-funded broadband project. // Caribbean Business;3/14/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the U.S. National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA)'s approval of Puerto Rico Bridge Initiative (PRBI) project's expansion, which was announced by Critical Hub Networks to include a fiber optic middle-mile segment through the Tren Urbano rail system.
- NTIA to Study Broadband. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;11/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p16
Reports the study of the United States National Telecommunications and Information Administration on the state of broadband deployment. Need for overhaul deployment policies; Impact on the changes in the telecommunication pricing rules.