TWC Drives Out Into the IP Lane
- Modems' success simply standard procedure. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;1/8/96, Vol. 230 Issue 2, p32
Discusses issues facing the establishment of acceptable standards for cable modems. Implications for the cable television industry; Proposals concerning cable modem standards; Issue of interoperability.
- IS HIGH-SPEED HIGH RISK? // CED;Aug2001 Supplement, Vol. 27, p26
Focuses on the impact of high-speed cable modem service on cable systems operators in the United States. Efforts of High Speed Access Corp. to ease concerns over the high-speed service; Assessment of consolidations in the industry; Contention on the business failure to ISP Channel. INSET:...
- Mounting the home-based customer on the Net. Flanigan, James // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/20/96, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p10B
Focuses on the technical breakthrough brought by modems to cable television companies. Expansion of ability to access the Internet; Impact on stock markets; Investments of cable companies.
- Cable modem spec nearly finished. Lambert, Peter // Inter@ctive Week;2/10/97, Vol. 4 Issue 3, pI-1
Reports that the interoperable cable modem purchasing specification is nearing completion and will be issued by the consortium of cable operators Multimedia Cable Network Systems (MCNS) at the National Cable Show on March 17 to 19, 1997 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Modem and chip makers committed...
- Voice, data play smaller role. McCarthy, Shira // Telephony;12/16/96, Vol. 231 Issue 25, p6
Focuses on product announcements by cable modem vendors at the 1996 Western Cable Show. Cox Communications' plan to deploy LANcity Personal cable modems in Phoenix; US West's plan to commercially deploy CyberSURFR modems.
- Speaking up. McCarthy, Shira // Telephony;9/16/96, Vol. 231 Issue 12, p36
Looks at the results of the initial testing of cable modems by the cable television industry in the United States. Technical and operational issues; Industry's efforts to educate both employees and customers on the technology; Possible likelihood of the provision of content by cable operators.
- DOCSIS 1.1 Off to a Running Start. Menezes, Bill // Multichannel News;10/8/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p42
Reports the efforts of cable companies to offer modems certified under the Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification 1.1 standard in the United States. Interest of cable operators in purchasing voice modems; List of companies granted with the technical standard; Notion on the technical...
- Modems: Think fast, then what? Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;12/16/96, Vol. 126 Issue 52, p95
Focuses on factors affecting the development of cable modems. Comment by Stephen Fry, president of Time Warner's Northeast Ohio Division; Features of the initiatives launched by cable television companies; Cable modem products to be launched by cable companies.
- Cable modems get an early start on being late. Dawson, Fred // Inter@ctive Week;03/01/99 Supplement Infr@structure, Vol. 6 Issue 9, pI-10
Explains the Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) certification delays being experienced by the cable industry in the United States. Christmas 1999 as the targeted date for release of cable modems; Testing of standardized modems at Cable Television Laboratories; Effect of...