CEO Sets OWN's Table
- A SIT-DOWN WITH OPRAH'S CEO. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/1/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p8
An interview with Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) chief executive officer (CEO) Christina Norman is presented. When asked about what the viewers could expect from OWN, she states that they are working on themes that television host Oprah Winfrey has stood for. She notes that it is important for them...
- Oprah: I'm Living a Dream. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;4/12/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p26
The article offers information on OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network which represents Oprah Winfrey's dream of enriching and empowering the lives of people.
- Network News. // Los Angeles Magazine;Jan2011, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p21
The article reports on the launch of the Oprah Winfrey Network, a television station owned by Oprah Winfrey based in Beverly Hills, California.
- Oprah Winfrey Debuts New Network. Ross, Hannah // Washington Informer;1/6/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 62, p10
The article announces the launch of the television network Oprah Winfrey Network LLC (OWN) produced by media mogul Oprah Winfrey, which aims to provide entertainment, inform, and inspire viewers to live healthier lives.
- The Oprah Winfrey Network. Gliatto, Tom // People;1/17/2011, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p39
The article comments on the content of the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) television network, launched on January 1, 2011.
- OWN timeline. Schneider, Michael // Variety;12/20/2010, Vol. 421 Issue 6, p9
The article presents a timeline from talk show host Oprah Winfrey and global media and entertainment company Discovery Communication's announced partnership to create the Oprah Winfrey Network in January 2008 until November 2010.
- A Dreary Forecast. Bainbridge, Kimberley // Jet;3/19/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 6, p11
The article reports that media company Discovery Communications, Inc. plans to make an additional investment in its subsidiary Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN).
- OPRAH'S NEW STRIPES. THIELMAN, SAM // Daily Variety;7/14/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the designation of Oprah Winfrey as chief executive officer (CEO) and chief creative officer of the Oprah Winfrey Network LLC, her joint venture with Discovery Communications.
- OWN'S REALITY ZONE. Thielman, Sam // Daily Variety;4/15/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 10, p3
The article reports that the cable channel Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) has launched several reality television programs including "Unfaithful: Stories of Betrayal," "I Owe You My Life," and "Sweetie Pies."