I AM SGB
- Interactive Sports Authority unit, prototype for future, bows in N.J. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/30/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 60, p8
Features the interactive store unveiled by Sports Authority in Clifton, New Jersey. Location; Design of the interiors; Display of merchandise according to activity.
- K mart's sports retailer fights all comers in N.Y. Breznick, Alan // Crain's New York Business;7/26/93, Vol. 9 Issue 30, p4
Reports on the planned entry of Jack Smith's Sports Authority Inc. and its superstores into the New York area. Company revenues in 1992; Impact on smaller retailers in New York; Competition between Sports Authority Inc. and Herman's World of Sporting Goods; Marketing campaign of Herman's;...
- TSA, Gart cheer solid gains. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;3/25/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the solid performances for 2001 of sporting goods retailers, The Sports Authority (TSA) and Gart Sports, despite difficult economic situation. Profits of the two companies in 2001; Expected earnings for 2002; Comparison of the turnaround between Gart and TSA.
- Good Sports. Worden, Nat // FN: Footwear News;1/29/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p28
The article reports on the fast growth of sporting goods retailers in the U.S. Retail stores are competing in the marketplace by showcasing new brands in innovative store environments. Retailers like Dick's Sporting Goods and The Sports Authority emerge from athletic specialty chains and...
- Sports Authority and Dick's each hold winning game plan. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;4/5/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the business plans of the sporting goods retailers Sports Authority Inc. and Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. in the U.S. Growth in the sales of the companies; Expansion plans of the retailers; Total stores of Sports Authority.
- Sporting Goods Retailers Endure Trying First Quarter. Burrows, Dan // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/27/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 106, p5
Presents the financial status on the retail of sporting goods for the first quarter of 2003. Depletion of profits for the Sports Authority Inc.; Merger of the Sports Authority and Gart Sports Co.; Report of earnings and gains by the Foot Locker Inc.
- Home field advantage. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);03/15/99, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p1
Highlights how local companies in the sporting goods industry in New Orleans, Louisiana, compete with large chain stores by specializing in certain sports. Closure of local stores by chain companies JumboSports and Sports Authority Inc.; Expansion nationwide by New Orleans-based Sports Avenue;...
- Sports Authority Scores New Merchant. Kletter, Melanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/5/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 97, p2
Reports on the appointment of David Campisi as president of merchandising at sports retailer the Sports Authority in November 2004. Profit posted by the company for the second quarter ended July 31; Reaction to his appointment; Career background of Campisi.
- Sporting Goods leaders not content to sit on sidelines With one acquisition, Staples doubles up on competition. Troy, Mike // Retailing Today;9/8/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p4
The article reports on the move of several successful retailers to cut expansion plans due to the severity and duration of the economic trends in the U.S. However, it shows that sporting goods channels, including Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. and Sports Authority Inc. are aiming to bring the type...