Why Blackstone Is Keeping Powder Dry
- The View From Blackstone. Rozens, Aleksandrs // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/12/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 42, p1
An interview with Hamilton James, president and chief operating officer (COO) of asset management firm Blackstone Group LP, is presented. He says that their company is buying aggregates companies such as building and cement products. He notes that they have a pessimistic view concerning the...
- Blackstone Swaps BankUnited Shares. Witkowski, Rachel // American Banker;3/5/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 34, p7
The article mentions Blackstone Group converted 5.4 million shares of its common stock in BankUnited Inc. into nonvoting preferred stock.
- Blackstone Plans to Purchase Additional Stake in Nagarjuna Constructions. // EmergingMarketsNOW;3/7/2008, p2
The article reveals the plan of Blackstone to increase its stake in Nagarjuna Constructions, a Hyderabad, India-based infrastructure firm, from 9 percent to 12.2 percent. Blackstone has got the approval from the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) for making further investments in the...
- Blackstone Said to Buy Most of Parc 55 in San Francisco. // Lodging Hospitality Exclusive Insight;3/21/2012, p5
The article reports that Blackstone Group LP has put in an estimated $70 million U.S. dollars for a controlling stake in hotel Parc 55 in San Francisco, California, with Blackstone and Rockpoint Group LLC owning the rest of the shares.
- Blackstone Buys Majority of Indian Firm. Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/21/2007, Vol. 194 Issue 38, p2
The article reports on the $165 million investment of The Blackstone Group to buy up to a 70.1 percent stake in Gokaldas Exports Inc. the largest apparel manufacturer and exporter in India. Under the terms of the transaction, Blackstone will acquire a 50.1 percent of the Indian firm from its...
- Blackstone, Corsair cinch deal. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/21/2015, pA02
The article reports on the agreement between two private equity firms Blackstone Group and Corsair Capital which aims to acquire majority stake in investment management company, First Eagle Investment Management collectively.
- Blackstone Back in China. // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/10/2007, Vol. 73 Issue 34, p12
The article reports on the investment of Blackstone Group Inc. in China. The company is investing $500 million in China National Bluestar and acquiring a minority stake in the Chinese chemical concern. However, the company is expected to purchase a 20% to 40% interest in the business, which is...
- BX - Blackstone Group LP The - Company Analysis and ASR Ranking Report. Orr, Hunter // Alpha Street Research Reports;Spring2013, p1
www.AlphaStreetResearch.com - Full Coverage of 3,000 U.S. equities. Reports include Financials, Ratios, Competitor Comparison, and our proprietary ASR Ranking indicating Buy/Sell/Hold. Blackstone Group LP (The) operates in the Capital Markets industry, a subset of the Financials sector. The firm...
- What's in Store for Blackstone's Hotels? Abrams, Sandra Lea // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/5/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 46, p22
The article reports that private equity firm Blackstone Group Inc. is aggressively acquiring hotel properties to fine-tune its hotel portfolio, which it plans to spin off in an initial public offering in the year 2006. Blackstone has divided its hotel holdings into two categories. The first...