I AM SGB
- Warm October Impacts Outdoor Product Sales. // NSGA Retail Focus;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p22
The article focuses on the impact of the warm-weather patterns in October on the retail sales of outdoor sports and recreation industry in the U.S. According to the Leisure Trends Group (LTG), the month's warmer temperature resulted to the increase of sales in running and paddlesports, along...
- 8Tex Is New Fabric Supplier For Mossy Oak. // Archery Business;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p16
The article reports on the launch of 8Tex LLC, a fabric converter company, specializing in basic and performance fabric products for the outdoor industry. The company focuses on Mossy Oak Brand Camouflage fabrics. The company will be headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina, with sourcing...
- CAMPING, HIKING & BIKING. // Sporting Goods Market Research Handbook;2006, p70
Chapter 18 of the book "The 2006 Sporting Goods Market Research Handbook" is presented. It discusses the increase of 2003 manufacturers' sales of equipment used in hiking and camping in the U.S. Statistics showed that the sales have risen by about three percent in 2003. The number of Americans...
- Committed To Serving The Community. Davis, Bryan // NBS Nation's Best Sports Fish & Hunt;Fall2005, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p6
Looks at the role of community commitment in the success of several sporting goods stores in the U.S. Background on the success story of the Wiley Outdoor Sports in Huntsville, Alabama; Contribution of the magazine "Nation's Best Sports" for several retail owners in the U.S.
- Nordic beginnings. // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p22
The article focuses on Swedish outdoor company FjÃ¤llrÃ¤ven. It highlights the company's 50th anniversary in 2010 which was celebrated by launching a limited-edition of its KÃ¥nken daypack. According to the article, the company has developed products that can withstand the toughest...
- Happy Trails. Raymond, Joan // American Demographics;Aug2000, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p52
Focuses on the impact of the growing popularity of outdoor activities in the United States on the sporting goods industry. Percentage of consumers that participate in some sort of recreational activity at least once a month; Success of Polaris Industries Inc. in marketing outdoor products;...
- Gander Mountain Plays to Win. Sullivan, Mark // SGB;Sep2004, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p30
Features Gander Mountain, a hunting and outdoor equipment and supplies retailer in the U.S. Number of stores of the company across the country by the end of 2004; Expected fiscal 2004 sales; Description of new Gander stores; Merchandise offered by Gander; Challenges faced by the retailer...
- PATAGONIA. Ball, Jena // Mother Earth News;Dec2009/Jan2010, Issue 237, p62
No abstract available.
- Gurus on gear. Green, Daniel // Ski;May/Jun94, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p74
Presents developments in various outdoor sports gear. Includes golf; Hiking; In-line skating.