William Reichenstein on Retirement Investing, Withdrawals, and Tax Efficiency
- Marin County ERA To Review in 2000. Philley, Alicia // Investment Management Weekly;12/06/99, Vol. 12 Issue 46, p2
Reports on the plans of the Marin County Employees' Retirement Association of San Rafael, California to meet its consultants to review its annual asset allocation study in January 2000.
- OPERS to Review Positions and Equity Firms. Randall, Danielle // Investment Management Weekly;4/8/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the decision of Oregon Public Employees' Retirement System to conduct an asset allocation study in May and June 2002.
- Get savings mix right. Kok, Leon // Finance Week;12/03/99, p32
Discusses the need for effective asset allocation in retirement planning. Mixture of property, interest-bearing investments and shares; Placement of large amounts into conventional retirement savings vehicles such as retirement annuities; Taxation aspects of retirement annuities; Danger in...
- Mixed Signals for Planners. // Financial Planning;Mar2015, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p16
Graphs are presented which show statistics on "Financial Planning's" Retirement Advisor Confidence Index, new participants in employer retirement plans, and assets allocated to cash as of February 2015.
- Get The Dynamics Right In Retirement Planning Asset Allocation. Mitchell, G. Thomas // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/28/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 22, p12
Discusses the Flat Rate Method and the Grid Method in planning asset allocation in retirement. Case example using the two methods; Questions to consider in the asset allocation tools use or provide.
- Investors Sizing Up Realistic 401 (k) Expectations. Coghlan, J. Graydon // San Diego Business Journal;5/20/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p18
Reports the expectations of participants in the employer-sponsored retirement plans. Additional fund types of investment; Factors affecting the changes in investment selections; Emphasis on long-term asset allocation strategies.
- 401(k) Investors Beat Indexes . // American Banker;3/5/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 43, p9
Reports that according to research by the Investment Company Institute and the Employee Research Institute, retirement plan participants in the U.S. usually adopt a long-term approach. Details pertaining to average asset allocation in retirement plans; Percentage of plan balances that were...
- Long-Run Returns on Stock and Bond Portfolios: Implications for Retirement Planning. Butler, Kirt C.; Domian, Dale L. // Financial Services Review;1992/1993, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p41
Reports on the evaluation of asset returns over long holding periods for retirement planning decisions. Reduction of the risk of stock investments by time diversification; Comparison of the asset allocation strategies; Computation of the probability distributions for retirement wealth.
- The asset allocation decision in retirement: lessons from dollar-cost averaging. Vora, Premal P.; McGinnis, John D. // Financial Services Review;Spring2000, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p48
Discusses the benefits for retirees of consuming periodically from stocks than from bonds over the seven decades of United States financial markets from 1926 to 1995. Impact of inflation on consumption; Analysis of the likelihood of states in which consumption is high or low due to extreme...