'A PERFECT FIT': FINE HOST BUYS FOOD MGMT
- NEW PRES. AND CEO TO ADDRESS: FINE HOST'S GREATEST NEED. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p26
Reports on the appointment of Bob Jantzen as president and chief executive officer of Fine Host. Concerns over the problems facing the company; Expertise and leadership experience; Overall plan.
- Fine Host undergoes damage control. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;01/05/98, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p1
Reports the recruitment of Buccino & Associates Inc., a New York City-based crisis-management firm, to handle daily operations of Fine Host Corp. as it seeks to replace its top senior managers who were dismissed for accounting irregularities. Account on the personnel dismissed by Fine Host...
- Fine Host names Hatch. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p28
Reports the appointment of Lawrence A. Hatch as chairman of the board and chief executive officer of Fine Host Corp. Career background of Hatch with Volume Service Inc.; Services provided by Fine Host.
- New pres. at Fine Host. // FoodService Director;04/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p38
Presents information on the appointment of Gerald Buccino, as president and chief executive officer at Fine Host Corporation. Information on Buccino's company being hired by the corporation to review its operations in December 1997; Why Fine Host hired the company to review its operations;...
- FORMER MARRIOTT EXEC.: Robert Jantzen is new Fine Host ceo. // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p2
Announces the appointment of Robert J. Jantzen as president and chief executive officer of Fine Host Corp. Information on the work experiences of Jantzen.
- Raring to grow. Golding, Christina // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/22/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4236, p22
Interviews Bob Jantzen, president international for Aramark's food service. His career background; His opinion about the difference between the U.S. and Europe on food service; Strategy of the company in establishing a position in Europe.
- Breakfast fills in the blanks. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/21/97, Vol. 31 Issue 29, The Breakfast Journal p6
Presents an interview with Bob Jantzen, president of Marriott Corporate Services division's Sunrise Breakfast Co. about his thoughts on breakfast in the workplace. Result of the company's successful Crossroads program on lunches; Focus on basic food; Examples of the Starbucks and Au Bon Pain menus.
- How to handle the media. // Management;Mar97, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p22
Presents tips for managers about handling media interviews. Refusing to comment about something; Broken record technique; Apologizing or admitting mistakes; Encouraging fact-checking after the story in written.
- The glass corner office. Cocheo, Steve // ABA Banking Journal;Oct2001, Vol. 93 Issue 10, p37
Interviews several women financial executives. Situation of women in banking; Benefits of financial executives from their mentors; Reason for the refusal of some women executives to share their knowledge. INSET: Must you be a swinger to be a good community banker?.