Leading the Troops at TSA
- Transportation security. Ann Smith, Gwendolyn // Bay Area Reporter;12/16/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 50, p8
In this article, the author discusses the issues related to the security systems implemented by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration.
- TSA. // AirGuide Online.com;3/29/2010, p13
The article reports on the plan of Transportation Security Administration to exempt the small aircraft from the Large Aircraft Security Program (LASP) after listening to the feedback from the general aviation community in the U.S.
- SECURITY SWEEP. Friel, Brian // Government Executive;Mar2003, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p49
Focuses on the workforce hiring process of the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) for the recruitment of airport security screener workforce. Decision of TSA to contract out the recruitment process; Steps followed in the process; Number of employees recruited; Cost of the...
- Richmond International Airport. // AirGuide Business;2/15/2010, p7
The article reports on the issue that Richmond International Airport in Virginia was forced by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration to issue a security badge to a TSA employee convicted of felony robbery at age 17.
- TSA Mulls Third Party Risk Assessments For Trusted Traveler Program. // Defense Daily International;1/10/2013, p2
The article focuses on trusted traveler program by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) for pre-screening air travelers which is being planned to be given to non-government entities. The author stated that TSA wants information about the improvement of aviation security by...
- TSA ENDS REGISTERED TRAVELER PROGRAM. // Religious Conference Manager;Dec2005, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p11
The article announces the cessation of the Registered Traveler Program by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration as of December 2005. The program aims to speed up security screenings at airports for passengers who had gone through background checks. It is reported that the agency is...
- TSA Awards Lockheed Martin $700 Million For Specialized Security Training. // Defense Daily;8/18/2009, Vol. 243 Issue 34, p5
The article reports on a potential five-year, 700 million dollar contract awarded to Lockheed Martin from the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to give specialized security training services to the workforce of TSA. It notes that the contract has a base-year and four one-year...
- This is not a distinction. Levatter, Ross // Liberty (08941408);Sep2008, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p12
The author deplores extreme application of government policy by the Transport Security Administration (TSA) that borders on plain stupidity. He cites a man who was not allowed to board a flight in Heathrow Airport because he was wearing a T-shirt showing a robot holding a gun. According to the...
- Misunderstandings about Operation Safe Commerce. Zachary, J. Michael // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);5/19/2003, Vol. 4 Issue 20, p46
Explains the Operation Safe Commerce (OSC) supply chain security program funded through the U.S. Transportation Security Administration. Characteristics of the OSC; Role of the maritime logistics industry in the success of OSC; Objectives of the OSC.