Q&A with 2 dairy fans
- Q&A with 2 dairy fans. // Restaurant Business;Aug2010, Vol. 109 Issue 8, pFSB4
An interview with Cathal Armstrong, chef-owner of Restaurant Eve, and Adam Baird, vice-president of food and beverage at Mimi's Cafe, is presented. When asked what their major dairy purchases are, they refer to several common products including all kinds of milk, unsalted butter and a variety of...
- Face2Face With Cathal Armstrong. // Hospitality Ireland;Apr2009, Issue 57, p80
An interview with U.S.-based chef Cathal Armstrong is presented. He reveals the difference between the restaurant industry in the U.S. and Ireland. Armstrong discusses his career background in the restaurant business. He talks about the state of his Restaurant Eve in Washington, D.C., during the...
- Called Foodbuy.Com: Internet GPO Takes Aim at $3 Billion Revenue Goal. // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p1
Deals with the formation of FoodBuy.com, an Internet group purchasing organization led by Scott MacLellan. Anticipated annual earnings of the group; Goal of FoodBuy; How it works.
- 2001 REPORT: Food purchases at 50 GPOs show nominal growth. // FoodService Director;11/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p33
Highlights the 2001 Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) Industry Census Report of the 'FoodService Director' journal in the U.S. Rise in the food purchases of GPO, state purchasing agencies, school co-ops and other buying entities for the year; Market segment growth for food purchases in the...
- Angel Food making changes to menu. Watson, Bob // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);9/4/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p6
The article reports on the several changes made by the Angel Food Ministry in their September menu which includes adding a Senior Box of meals, offering a purchase of one or more "Special Units" when buying a regular box of food, and using the Off-Line Food stamp Voucher System.
- Finding and Ordering Specific Brands Difficult for Foodservice Operators. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;9/28/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p1
The article focuses on the report titled "How Operators Buy" from Datassential Research Inc. which indicates the difficulty faced by foodservice operators in searching and ordering specific brands on the websites of distributors.
- WITH NEW CAPITAL INFUSION: Foodbuy.com hits $700M, adds Army club program. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p8
Reports that Foodbuy.com has achieved its group purchasing volume and secured additional venture capital for funding an Internet group purchasing organization in the United States. Cost of its purchasing volume; Amount of its funding.
- Starbucks Declines To Use Square Order-Ahead Tech. // ISO & Agent Weekly;1/8/2015, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p17
The article reports on the decision of coffee chain Starbucks not to use Square's order-ahead application as it pushes ahead with its own mobile ordering technology.
- book reviews. // Food Management;May2010, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p48
The article reviews the book "Modern Food Service Purchasing: Business Essentials to Procurement," by Robert Garlough.