Joe Hurley on the Future of 529 Plans and Saving for College
- Gifts and Education Funding for Children. // Business Owner;May/Jun2011, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses the significance of the Educational Savings Account (ESA) and Qualified Tuition Programs (QTP) or 529 plans for higher education expenses in the U.S.
- Should I Move My 529 Plan Too? Bigda, Carolyn // Money;Feb2008, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p31
The article answers a question from a reader wondering if he should move his 529 college savings plan in the event he relocates out-of-state.
- How Do Your Clients' College Savings Plans Stack Up? ... // Journal of Financial Planning;May2012, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p12
The article discusses comparative financial aspects of Coverdell educational savings accounts against the tax-advantaged government 529 plan investment vehicle in the U.S., and also mentions custodial accounts.
- Give Smart Financial Gifts to Your Grandchildren. Decker, Gary // Munday Courier (TX);9/10/2008, Vol. 35 Issue 40, p3
The article discusses the Section 529 savings plan and the Coverdell Education Savings Account in the U.S.
- FINANCE. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;6/11/2012, Vol. 41 Issue 46, p10
The article reports that the Utah Educational Savings Plan, Utah's official non-profit 529 college savings program received a "5-Cap Rating" for both Utah and non-Utah college savers, the highest rating granted by Savinggforcollege.com, an independent website providing information on 529 plans.
- Baby Knows: Building baby's bankroll. // Grand Rapids Family Magazine;Oct2009, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p11
The article presents views of financial adviser Kevin Jarchow on various financial planning products for children's future including 529 plan and Coverdell Education Savings Account and discusses tips from Jarchow for advance planning.
- Demystifying 529 savings plans. Grande, John J.; Grande, Traudy; Grande, John S. // Dermatology Times;Apr2008, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p80
The article presents questions and answers related to 529 savings plans in the U.S. including the transfer of a 529 savings account to a different state's 529 savings plan, the transfer of a Coverdell education savings account into a 529 savings account and the eligible education institutions...
- HAVE A BACKUP. Mangla, Ismat Sarah // Money;Apr2009, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p83
The article profiles the Devine family from Coconut Grove, Florida and their college tuition management experiences. 529 college savings plans are used to anticipate the tuition from private schools such as Boston College and Wake Forest. High school graduate Emily Devine chose a state school...
- THE GRANNY DIARIES. // Money;Mar2008, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p20
The article reports results of a study that reveal over half of grandparents think it is is important to help provide for their grandchildren's future. Out of many ways to do so, it is parenthetically observed, contributing to a 529 college savings account is considered effective. The study also...