I AM SGB
- Some books never lose their value. Chepesiuk, Ron // NSGA Retail Focus;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p8
An interview with Curt Munson, owner of Playmakers Inc. in Michigan, is presented. When asked about what business books he reads, he states that he prefers "Thinking for a Change," by John C. Maxwell. Munson adds that he has read other Maxwell's books like "The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership"...
- Bright Idea. // FN: Footwear News;3/28/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p38
Several photographs of running shoes including products from Reebok, Etnies, and Nike is presented.
- Back to the Future. Clack, Erin E. // FN: Footwear News;5/12/2014, Vol. 70 Issue 17, p12
The article announces the 100th anniversary of footwear and apparel maker Brooks Running Co.
- ATHLETIC BUZZ. Carofano, Jennifer // FN: Footwear News;7/26/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 29, p153
Presents updates on the athletic footwear industry in the U.S. as of July 26, 2004. Introduction of Etonic Custom Fit System running shoes from Etonic of Hillsborough, New Jersey; Debut of Complete Taranis shoe from Puma of Westford, Massachusetts; Collaboration of DC Shoe of Vista, California...
- Retailers Upbeat on Marathon Sales. ERNST BEAUDRY, JENNIFER; Higgins, Madeleine // FN: Footwear News;Oct2013, Vol. 69 Issue 34, p7
The article discusses the positive impact of the emergence of marathons in the U.S. on the sales of footwear retailers.
- A Launching Overload? BEAUDRY, JENNIFER ERNST // FN: Footwear News;2/10/2014, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p12
The article discusses the impact of limited-edition launches from various brands in footwear industry in the U.S. It highlights the consumer appetite for limited releases, according to Matt Powell, an analyst of sporting goods industry Internet portal SportsOne-Source.com. It also emphasizes the...
- Hitting its Stride. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Feb2004, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p66
Discusses the recovery of the running shoes industry in the U.S. as of February 2004. Comment made by vendors on the return of performance product and higher price points in the footwear industry; Strategies used by vendors to compete effectively; Information on the Mi Adidas program of Adidas.
- Flashing Forward. Leand, Judy // SGB;Nov2006, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p16
The article looks at the Spring 2007 design and construction of performance running shoes. According to Geoff Shaffer, marketing director at Pearl Izumi, performance running shoes are sporting bolder colors than in seasons past. Construction methods are also undergoing changes, resulting in...
- SECOND WIND. Carofano, Jennifer // FN: Footwear News;6/19/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 25, p15
The article discusses the connection created by the web site Myrunningshoe.com for independent running retailers and buyers whose favorite shoe models were discontinued. According to Myrunningshoe.com creator Mike Orban, sales on the site have grown 30% each year since its debut in January 2003,...