I AM SGB
- Some books never lose their value. Chepesiuk, Ron // NSGA Retail Focus;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p8
An interview with Curt Munson, owner of Playmakers Inc. in Michigan, is presented. When asked about what business books he reads, he states that he prefers "Thinking for a Change," by John C. Maxwell. Munson adds that he has read other Maxwell's books like "The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership"...
- Bright Idea. // FN: Footwear News;3/28/2011, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p38
Several photographs of running shoes including products from Reebok, Etnies, and Nike is presented.
- Back to the Future. Clack, Erin E. // FN: Footwear News;5/12/2014, Vol. 70 Issue 17, p12
The article announces the 100th anniversary of footwear and apparel maker Brooks Running Co.
- ATHLETIC BUZZ. Carofano, Jennifer // FN: Footwear News;7/26/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 29, p153
Presents updates on the athletic footwear industry in the U.S. as of July 26, 2004. Introduction of Etonic Custom Fit System running shoes from Etonic of Hillsborough, New Jersey; Debut of Complete Taranis shoe from Puma of Westford, Massachusetts; Collaboration of DC Shoe of Vista, California...
- Retailers Upbeat on Marathon Sales. ERNST BEAUDRY, JENNIFER; Higgins, Madeleine // FN: Footwear News;Oct2013, Vol. 69 Issue 34, p7
The article discusses the positive impact of the emergence of marathons in the U.S. on the sales of footwear retailers.
- A Launching Overload? BEAUDRY, JENNIFER ERNST // FN: Footwear News;2/10/2014, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p12
The article discusses the impact of limited-edition launches from various brands in footwear industry in the U.S. It highlights the consumer appetite for limited releases, according to Matt Powell, an analyst of sporting goods industry Internet portal SportsOne-Source.com. It also emphasizes the...
- Changing of the Guard at New Balance. Griffin, Cara // SGB;May2007, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p9
The article announces that Robert DeMartini has been appointed as the chief executive officer (CEO) of New Balance Athletic Shoe Incorporated, a footwear company based in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Finish Line Taps Nordstrom Exec for Chief Merchant Role. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Apr2007, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p11
The article announces that Samuel Sato was appointed executive vice president (EVP) and chief merchandising officer of footwear company Finish Line.
- RETURN OF THE OLD SOFT SHOE. Rigby, Rhymer // Management Today;Jul2000, p54
Focuses on how British company Clarks Shoes was able to transform itself from a financially troubled organization into a profitable enterprise with a fashion-forward image. Resurgence in the popularity of the Clarks brand; Celebrities who are fans of Clarks footwear; Firm's improved financial...