An Environmental Vision 40 YEARS LATER
- Reforms needed to get the job done. Kellogg-Barrella, Constance // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;9/4/95 Supplement, Vol. 9 Issue 18, p11
Looks at reforms needed by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's Environmental Monitors Program. Absence of clear-cut guidelines for the program; Complaints about monitors; Approach to make the program more efficient.
- DEC: Get the Lead Out. // New York State Conservationist;Apr2008, Vol. 62 Issue 5, p36
The article reports on the new initiative launched by the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) to switch to green ammo from lead-based ammunition for firearms training in order to help reduce the impact of lead at firing ranges. The department is currently phasing in the new...
- New ECOs. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2009, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p28
The article reports on the graduation of new Environmental Conservation Officers (ECOs) who will join the police force of the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). The event was held at the DEC Training Academy in Oswego County. The class completed the Division of Law...
- Comptroller to EPF: Give out money faster. Brown, Nathan // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;3/31/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 77, p14
The article reports on the recommendations of the comptroller's office for New York's Department of Environmental Conservation to hasten in administering the Environmental Protection Fund (EPF) in the state.
- Belleayre scoping document released. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;3/10/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p5
The article reports on the release of the final scoping document for the environmental reviews related to the proposed Wildacres and Highmount Spa Resort complex and the unit management plan for the Belleayre Mountain Ski Center by the State Department of Environmental Conservation in New York....
- Oswego River removed from watch list. Palmateer, Paige // Business Journal (Central New York);10/6/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 40, p9
The article reports on the removal of the Oswego River in New York from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's list of Great Lakes Areas of Concern (AOC) in the U.S. and Canada. The Oswego River was the first AOC sites in the U.S. to be removed from the list. The New York State Department of...
- Spotty record. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/9/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 51, p10A
The article presents information on challenges faced by the Brownfield Cleanup Program introduced in New York. The program is currently lacking resources to manage the process. There is also lot of confusion over the new regulations set by the U.S. Department of Environmental Conservation on the...
- Environmental Education Partnership Turns 25. Suozzo, Wendy Repass // New York State Conservationist;Aug2003, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p29
Reports on the 25th anniversary of the U.S. Department of Environmental Conservation's Five Rivers Environmental Education Center in Delmar, New York in 2003. Organizations that partnered for the project; Achievements of the program; Award presented to the project.
- BRIEFLY. // New York State Conservationist;Dec2012, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p28
This section offers news briefs on the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) of New York as of December 2012 on environmental conservation. The new Guided School Program (GSP) Building in Five Rivers Environmental Education Center in Delmar was dedicated to Wendy Repass Suozzo in...