David Walker on U.S. Deficits and What to Do About Them
- Dismay Over the Looming Budget Shutdown. GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;4/8/2011, p14
A blog discussing the prospective shutdown of the U.S. government due to budget deficits, is presented.
- TWO IMPORTANT & FORGOTTEN WORDS: MODERATION AND PRIORITIES. PASCAL, MARC // Moderate Voice;4/7/2011, p12
A blog by blogger Marc Pascal discussing the prospective shutdown of the U.S. government due to budget deficits, is presented.
- BRIEFLY. // Hill;2/23/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p4
The article reports on the prediction of former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee that there will be a government shutdown which will force the government to deal with budget deficit in 2011.
- Shutdown won't top the polls. // Hill;2/23/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p10
The article reports on the author's thoughts about the issues of U.S. government spending policy and budget deficit in 2011.
- Surveyed CEOs find Illinois business climate poor. Mercer, David // Chicago Citizen - Chicago Weekend Edition;5/9/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 18, p4
The article discusses a survey of 650 corporate chief executive officers (CFO) by Chief Executive Magazine which ranked Illinois in the 48th among the 50 states of the U.S. for its business climate battered by budget deficits, tax increases and public campaigns to lure the state's businesses...
- Dozens of CEOs lend names to 'Fix the Debt'. // PRWeek (U.S. Edition);Dec2012, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p7
The article reports that the chief executive officers (CEOs) of more than 80 U.S. corporations like Delta Airlines, Goldman Sachs and Microsoft Corp. have joined the organization Fix the Debt to appeal to the U.S. Congress to pass legislation to reduce the federal budget deficit.
- The politics of budget cuts. Mellman, Mark S. // Hill;6/16/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 68, p22
The article contemplates on the debates and initiatives involving budget cuts of the American politicians to address deficits.
- 2010: Is The Future Behind Us? Cockburn, Alexander; St. Clair, Jeffrey // CounterPunch;12/16/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 22, p1
The article focuses on the expected political setting of the U.S. in 2010. It mentions that there is a vision that progressives may get better as President Barack Obama needs to call up for progressive vote in midterm elections. It is suggested that the progressives can dream on the increased...
- Sorry lot. // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/11/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p0008
The article offers the author's views on the sequestration method of budget reduction of the U.S. government. According to the author, such method is an ineffective solution to the country's problem due to the way it deals with spending cuts. Moreover, he believes that sequestration would drive...