how i did it
- Online. McBride, Caryn // Westchester County Business Journal;1/25/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p2
An interview with chief executive officer (CEO) John Ravitz of the American Red Cross in Westchester County, New York is presented. She shares the effort of the American Red Cross in extending firsthand help to the victims of earthquake in Haiti by donating 10 million dollars for recovery and...
- Help Haiti: many hands, many ways. // Caribbean Business;1/21/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p40
The article presents ways on how to make monetary donations for the victims of the earthquake in Haiti. United Way or the Fondos Unidos created the "Living United for Haiti" organization that receives checks and it receives donations through its Facebook Inc. account. Donations may be given to...
- GAY & LESBIAN CRUISES RAISE MONEY FOR EARTHQUAKE RELIEF IN HAITI. // Quest: Wisconsin's Gay News Leader;1/21/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p4
The article reports on the initiatives of LGBT Americans to raise funds for the earthquake victims in Haiti. The owners of Atlantis, Olivia and RSVP, LGBT-oriented cruise joined forces with other communities to show solidarity and support to the victims. It adds that Claire Lucas, a community...
- Wyclef Jean on generation new. BROOKS, DUDLEY M. // Ebony;Jun2010, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p84
An interview is presented with musician Wyclef Jean. Jean talks about his organization, Y�le Haiti, which is involved in the relief and redevelopment of Haiti. Jean discusses how he uses music as a sustainable tool for development. Jean also discusses his work and experience with the...
- President Bill Clinton on Haiti Relief Efforts. COLE, HARRIETTE // Ebony;Apr2010, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p76
An interview with former U.S. President Bill Clinton is presented on the relief efforts in Haiti. When asked if he believes that the U.S. is partly responsible for the poverty in Haiti as some people do, he replies that there is enough blame to go around including among the Haitians. Clinton...
- Home accent companies donate funds, supplies, care packages to Haiti earthquake victims. // Home Accents Today;Apr2010, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p86
The article reports that several home accent companies in the U.S. have donated money and other relief packages to victims of the earthquake in Haiti.
- Be a Star, Save a Life! // National Geographic Kids;Apr2010, Issue 399, p3
The article focuses on Be a Star, Save a Life campaign initiated by the global health organization PSI, which encourages children to donate for the earthquake victims in Haiti.
- Stepping up. CITIZEN, LACONIA // New Hampshire Business Review;1/29/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p5
The article reports that the Common Man family of restaurants has raised more than 60,000 dollars to benefit the earthquake relief effort in Haiti through two fund-raisers and a raffle.
- Urgent need for RN volunteers in Haiti. // Massachusetts Nurse Advocate;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p3
The article reports on the encouragement of registered nurses (RNs) by the Massachusetts Nurses Association (MNA) to participate in the disaster relief effort in Haiti through the National Nurses Union's Registered Nurse Response Network (RNRN).