How I got where I am today
- Gaining support for a strategic emphasis on employee communications. Bobo, Carolyn // Public Relations Tactics;Feb2000, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p18
Discusses the importance of traditional, top-down internal business communication as a valuable personnel management tool in the United States. Program to help employees understand organizational goals; Adaptation of behavior and workplace processes to achieve an organization's goals.
- Is a Video In Your Vision? Sosnin, Betty // HR Magazine;Feb2001, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p100
Discusses the factors which personnel management departments should consider when creating a video about the company. Costs; Format; Content of the video; Production and visual images; Benefits of videos in providing information about the company.
- What to do when a promotion goes awry. WEST, DELISE // New Hampshire Business Review;3/7/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p21
The article provides an answer to a question of how to response to a promoted employee who is struggling in his new role as supervisor.
- Communicating for Commitment and Productivity. Johnson, Patrice M. // Training & Development Journal;Aug90, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p55
Discusses the nature of team briefing for human resources development professionals. Planning for a team briefing program; Steps in the preparation of the first team briefing; Training team leaders.
- HR must learn to communicate better. Harrington, Siân // Human Resources (09648380);Aug2008, p6
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on how Orange company has restored its brand through effective communication and another on how Lloyds TSB is focusing on employees rather than customers in its 2012 sponsorship.
- How to… speak the language of business. Beagrie, Scott; Doke, DeeDee // Personnel Today;2/11/2003, p33
Focuses on suggestions of the author for human resource (HR) professionals to learn business-related language. Importance of business language to HR professionals; Definition of business language; Steps to be taken by HR professionals to master business language; Sources from where information...
- The long, hard work of staff engagement begins right at the top. Gray, Richard // Packaging News;Jan2011, p13
The article discusses the need for a successful staff engagement in businesses and emphasizes that the key for improvement is through communication.
- The 'why' is what drives positivity. Wilkins, James // Conference & Incentive Travel;Mar2011, p16
In this article, the author discusses the importance of the word "why" for organizations and businesses to galvanize the will of their people.
- Take care with letters to staff. Janner, Greville // Accountancy;Nov85, Vol. 96 Issue 1107, p98
Discusses common practice relating to business letters for employee dismissal in Great Britain. Example of a termination letter; Review of personnel management law; Ways to avoid litigations resulting from dismissal letters.