Dolan on Dolan
- Cablevision Steps to Its Own Drummer. Paskowski, Marianne; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;05/08/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p1
Interviews Cablevision Systems Corp. chairman Chuck Dolan and chief executive officer Jim Dolan concerning the company's choice of Sony Corp of America as supplier for its digital set-top boxes. Difference between digital boxes and digital strategy; Assumption on suppliers' showing of greater...
- Vertical hold. Jessell, Harry; Higgins, John // Broadcasting & Cable;03/15/99, Vol. 129 Issue 11, p22
Presents an interview with Cablevision Systems Corp. Chairman Chuck Dolan and his son Cablevision President James Dolan. Company's expansion of its business operations; Expansion strategy's impact on the company's management and capital; Background on the company's acquisitions.
- Unrelenting Dolan defies naysayers. Schachter, Ken // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);3/11/2005, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p1A
The article reports that in recent weeks, Cablevision Systems Corp. patriarch Charles Dolan has tossed aside defiant board members, made a public break with his chief executive son and, ultimately, may be willing to sell the company itself as he pursues a dream to build a satellite television....
- Dolan Elevates Close Aides at Cablevision. FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;4/15/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 15, p28
The article reflects on the transformation efforts by James Dolan, chief executive officer of Cablevision Systems Corp. and also announces the promotion and appointment of Kristin Dolan to president of Optimum Services and Brian Sweeney as senior executive vice president.
- Dolan Strikes Out in Red Sox Bid. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/24/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 52, p2
Reports the failure of Cablevision Systems Corp. in acquiring Boston Red Sox, a major league baseball franchise in the United States. Purchase agreement between Florida Marlins, Tom Werner and The New York Times Co.; Sale of Florida Marlins to Montreal Expos; Maximization of advertising revenues.
- Cablevision Has Plans for Spectrum. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/15/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p25
Reports the plans of Cablevision Systems Corp. to build wireless-telephone service in New York, New York. Possibility of bond selling relative to the expansion plans of the company; Perspectives shared by Chairman Charles Dolan; Status of the cash-flow of the company.
- Starbucks Fix. Serwer, Andy // Fortune;2/4/2008, Vol. 157 Issue 2, p14
The article presents an interview with Howard Schultz, chief executive officer (CEO) of Starbucks. He discusses returning to the position of CEO after the Starbucks board asked him to. He discusses steps he will take to shift the focus of the company back toward its customers. He discusses...
- The CEO role has never been so accessible for marketers. Friedlein, Ashley // Marketing Week;11/21/2013, p6
The author discusses the role of marketers in helping businesses manage customer experiences and develop digital services, arguing that some marketing executives are well suited for roles as chief executive officers as of November 2013. Topics include economic conditions, the executive Andria...
- Boer: 'Connected' Customer Key to Ahold's Growth. Springer, Jon // Supermarket News Expert Blog;12/ 9/2013, p9
An interview with Dick Boer, chief executive officer of Ahold, is presented. According to Boer, there is progress in the Reshaping and Retail strategy of the company, which includes fresher stores and deeper customer relationships. He noted that the company will also focus on electronic commerce...