McSlarrow Down on Broadband Stimulus
- McSlarrow: Don't 'Stimulate' Competitors. // Multichannel News;3/23/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p19
An interview with the National Cable & Telecommunications Association president Kyle McSlarrow is presented. When asked about the position of the cable industry on the issue of government's subsidy to cable, he tells that government must not waste their money to industry that already has it. He...
- McSlarrow Sees Clearer FCC Broadband Picture. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;9/13/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 34, p24
An interview with National Cable & Telecommunications Association's president, Kyle McSlarrow, is presented. When asked about the issue of Title II and its impact on the cable industry, he mentions that the real issue is on the set of principles of openness that can be agreed by the industry and...
- McSlarrow: Let Market Rule. // Multichannel News;7/13/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 27, p25
An interview with Kyle McSlarrow, president of National Cable & Telecommunications Association, is presented. He relates his opinion on the on going discussion involving the request of the Ion Media Network from the Federal Communications Commission to endorse its urban programming service. When...
- Moving on to a New Round of Challenges. // Television Week;3/30/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p14
An interview with National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) president-chief executive officer (CEO) Kyle McSlarrow is presented. When asked about decline in cable subscription, he says it is a pretty steady trend and that the entry of satellite into the business was a completely...
- FCC's Genachowski: Cable Speeds Are Tops. // Multichannel News;7/23/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 29, p4
The article informs that according to report of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association 82 percent of the population in the U.S. has now access to the industry's high-speed broadband offerings.
- 'Making broadband happen'. Dunphy, Laura // Electronic Media;06/11/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p26
Reports on the broadband theme of Cable 2001, the 50th annual convention of the United States-based National Cable and Telecommunications Association. Exhibitions and features underscoring the theme; Focus on interactivity, e-commerce, digital cable and Internet access through television sets.
- TALK BACK. // Multichannel News;5/23/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p34
Two letters to the editor are presented in response to the article "NCTA Says RUS Should Stop Broadband Loans Until Rules Are Fixed" in the May 17, 2011 issue of "Multichannel News."
- NCTA: Broadband Subsidies Waste 'Millions' Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;4/18/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 16, p34
The article reports that millions of dollars in government subsidy are being overbuilt and wasted on broadband services by the cable operators in the U.S. Agriculture Department for broadband-subsidy program based on the study disseminated by the National Cable and Telecommunications Association...
- Broadband Breakdown. Allen, Kevin // PM Network;Jul2011, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p14
The article reports that despite the U.S. government's allocation of 7.2 billion dollars to bring digital infrastructure to the nearly 14 million rural residents, the program is yet to take off. The program came under fire when the National Cable & Telecommunications Association reported that...