Ovation OK With Comcast-NBCU
- Sony TV gears up for Hindi project. Mathur, Arti // Daily Variety;10/12/2000, Vol. 269 Issue 29, p8
Reports the production and distribution of Hindi language film by Sony Entertainment Television in New Delhi, India.
- Who wants to be the new Mr ITV? Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);3/30/2000, p17
Focuses on Great Britain-based ITV's search for a chief executive officer. Candidates considered for the position; Problems that should be addressed immediately by the executive to be hired.
- ITV to target FTSE 100 bosses in hunt for CEO. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);11/23/2000, p1
Reports on changes in the job description of chief executives of the ITV cable television network. Company's targeting of the chief executives of the FTSE 100 companies.
- Animal Immersion. // National Geographic;Oct2003, Vol. 204 Issue 4, preceding p1
Simply watching animals' behavior isn't enough for veteran U.S. filmmakers Chris Kratt and Martin Kratt. These brothers try to get inside minds of animals in their new series "Be the Creature," to be aired on the National Geographic Channel, on October 5, 2003. Kratts hang with lemurs, run with...
- "Penguins" March on Hallmark Channel. // NSTA Reports!;Nov2006, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p40
The article reports that the Academy-Award winning motion picture "March of the Penguins" is going to make its television premiere on the Hallmark Channel on November 25, 2006 in the U.S. The film, which has been directed by Luc Jacquet, presents the story of the Empire penguins of Antarctica....
- FOR THE RECORD. // Multichannel News;12/7/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 45, p8
The article offers news briefs related to cable networks in the U.S. Discovery Communications Inc. executive Mark Hollinger has been appointed as president and chief executive officer (CEO) at Discovery Networks International. The fifth season of HGTV Design Star will be designed by reality...
- Discovering Asia's tyro filmmakers. Osborne, Magz // Variety;03/05/2001, Vol. 382 Issue 3, p36
Reports that Discovery Channel has launched its First Time Filmmakers project for Asia, continuing its hunt for programming of local relevance in March 2001. Characteristics of the entries; Implication of the move.
- Ovation claps for Int'l Music. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;1/8/2008, Vol. 298 Issue 2, p28
The article reports that cable network Ovation TV has acquired a music-oriented network from Universal Music Group (UMG) called the International Music Feed (IMF). Nearly all of the IMF's subscriber count comes from the 8 million or so who get it via Disk Network. Although IFM will stop...
- Lifetime is Aglow After January Win. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;02/05/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p8
Reports the primetime ratings of Lifetime Television in the United States. Selection of Carole Black as chief executive officer of Lifetime; Performance of the television series 'The Division'; Marketing budget and market share of the cable network.