Working on a Client's 'Dream Team'
- Key Drivers. Barney, Lee // Plan Adviser;Jan2014, p9
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including interviews with the PLANSPONSOR Retirement Plan Adviser, Adviser Team, and Adviser Multioffice Team award recipients, revenue and profitability metrics, and marketing goals for 2014.
- Roger Ibbotson on Hedge Funds, Liquidity, and the Myth of Capricious Markets. Nelson, Christina // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2011, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p16
An interview with founder and corporate chairman Roger Ibbotson of Zebra Capital Management is presented. When asked about alternative investments, he refers to the after-fee alpha of hedge funds that guarantee a three percent return. He thinks that financial planners must consider low fees when...
- NEW ADVICE STRATEGIES. // Money Marketing;2/14/2013, p38
The article presents an interview with financial adviser Rosie Falco of Evans Falco about advice strategies following the implementation of the Retail Distribution Review (RDR) in Great Britain in January 2013. She says using a platform gives advisers access to good solutions at lower costs for...
- Personal Power. Prince, Russ Alan; File, Karen Maru // Financial Planning;Jul99, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p157
Discusses the three components involved in successful client strategy. Concept of personal power; Importance of physical attractiveness; Information that financial planners should provide their clients.
- PERFECTING the BUSINESS of ADVICE. GREN, JAMES J. // Investment Advisor;Oct2011, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p82
An interview with investment advisor Mark Tibergien is presented. When asked about the changes since writing the book "Practice Made Perfect"and what prompted him to write it, Mark refers to Rebecca, a chief executive officer (CEO) of Moss Adams Wealth Advisors. He agrees that professional...
- My Beautiful Career: Richard Mein. Mein, Richard // Money Marketing (Online Edition);7/17/2014, p36
In interview with Richard Mein, founder and chief executive officer (CEO) at Parmenion, is presented. He refers to his first job at the financial services as a door-to-door seller of insurance at Hambro Life Assurance PLC. He considers technology and investment management as challenges...
- Build a winning team. Rutherford, Kevin // Overdrive;Apr2011, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p22
The article offers tips on how to strengthen the owner-operator business relationships in the trucking industry in the U.S. It emphasizes the importance of creating a maximum value for the customers which include brokers, carriers and shippers. It recommends the need to seek advices from...
- Keeping the client in focus. Johnson, Brandt // Financial Planning;Apr98, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p123
Discusses the use of surveys and focus groups as effective ways to identify and understand the needs of financial planners' clients. Importance of understanding clients' needs to the success of a financial planner's practice; Description of an ideal focus group; Primary costs of conducting...
- A Month to Help Others. Walden, Eric // Bank Investment Consultant;Dec2003, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p56
Interviews Eric Walden, vice president and financial consultant at First Merit Securities in Akron, Ohio concerning trends in the brokerage business. Problems with the sales representatives of the company; Products; Work habits; Issues on interest rates and returns in the industry.