How I got where I am today
- Three ways to improve work-life balance. // Chartered Accountants Journal;Dec2012, Vol. 91 Issue 11, p17
The article mentions three ways employers can improve their work-life balance practices which will help companies attract and retain staff.
- TROUBLESHOOTER. // People Management;2/21/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p72
The article provides answers to a question of how a management can balance the needs of a key member of its staff who has been diagnosed with cancer with that of the business.
- How Do Your Trainees See You? // Training & Development Journal;Jul80, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p8
Offers tips and advice to trainers on how to present themselves to their trainees. Levels of dressing for trainers; Dressing equal to or one step above the level of dress of the trainees; Impact of a trainer's level of dress on training outcome.
- Shifting gears for high performance. Gill, Stephen J. // Training & Development;May95, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p24
Discusses the need for a paradigm shift in the human resource development (HRD) profession from the business of training to the business of learning. Need for HRD profession to examine mental models to become instrumental in learning organizations; Disciplines learning; Myths characterizing the...
- Trust me, I'm a trainer. Donovan, Paul; Townsend, John // People Management;8/8/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p38
Provides guidelines for employee training personnel who wants to build their credibility during a training course. Importance for trainers to show their knowledge of the subject; Purpose of using two-sided arguments; Role played by attraction and antipathy in credibility.
- Finding the Trainers Among You. Kozoll, Charles E. // Training & Development Journal;Jul75, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p12
Discusses methods for identifying personnel from among experienced employees of business enterprises in the U.S. capable of conducting training sessions. Techniques of a coach; Immediate correction; Trainer as a non-threatening observer.
- Look Smarter in Your First Training Job. Kirby, Paula; Ginzel, Linda // Training & Development Journal;Aug89, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p69
Discusses professional and program issues first-year trainers wish they had considered before their first assignments. Part played by the trainer in the achievement of organizational success; Communication of the trainer's value to the organization; Handling of the political sensitivities of...
- STORE WARS. // Personnel Today;3/12/2002, p27
Examines the human resources management and people management of Tesco in Great Britain. Expansion of the retail business; Determinants of business; Emphasis of the communication and talent spotting. INSET: INDUSTRY AUDIT.
- Integration key to Tesco Bank's leadership quest. Churchard, Claire // People Management;9/16/2010, p9
This article reports on an integration and leadership challenge facing Tesco HR when it acquired ownership of Tesco Bank and lost the entire senior leadership team in 2010.