- the mt interview: CAROLYN McCALL. Davidson, Andrew // Management Today;Nov2007, p40
The article presents an interview with Carolyn McCall, chief executive officer (CEO) of Guardian Media Group PLC. She said that she wants to attract and retain the media industry's best talent. When asked where she spends her salary, she said that she spends it on holidays. She said that she is...
- 'HR has got to think: Yes, I can really contribute here.'. Chubb, Laura // People Management;1/24/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p34
An interview with Carolyn Gray, human resources (HR) director at Guardian Media Group (GMG), is presented. According to Gray, HR has a big role to play in supporting change and in giving people proper development and training to ease the way. She explains that they are looking at how HR can get...
- David Pemsel to become new Guardian CEO. Hobbs, Thomas // Marketing Week (Online Edition);6/18/2015, p1
The article announces the appointment of David Pemsel as chief executive officer of the mass media firm Guardian Media Group.
- Will Phillis' liberal qualities be enough to take GMG forward? Darby, Ian // Campaign;8/16/2002, Issue 32, p12
Profiles Bob Phillis, chief executive officer of Guardian Media Group PLC in Great Britain. Work experience at Carlton Communications PLC and British Broadcasting Corp.; Strategy of the executive in dealing with the plummeting company profits; Strategic weakness in managing the business.
- CEOs TAKE A MORE CASUAL ROLE. // Management Review;Mar88, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the change of approach made by chief executive officers (CEOs) in the U.S. toward their employees. Taking more time to talk with middle management; Advantage seen in engaging on one-on-one conversations with employees; Importance of communication for CEOs.
- Guardian seeks MD as McCall steps up. Darby, Ian // Campaign;5/12/2006, Issue 19, p7
The article reports that Guardian Newspapers Ltd. has started the search for a managing director. The announcement was made when its chief executive, Carolyn McCall declared that he is stepping up to become the chief executive of its parent company, Guardian Media Group PLC (GMG). The national...
- Media conference highlights Far East. // Campaign;4/29/2005, Issue 18, p7
The article presents an account of the 2005 Royal Bank of Scotland media conference. Sir Robert Phillis, the chief executive of Guardian Media Group PLC and the chairman of the conference, said that in 1980, the G7 nations accounted for more than 50 per cent of the world's wealth, but this has...
- Guardian Media Group bucks the trend of economic gloom. Reid, Alasdair // Campaign;8/1/2003, Issue 31, p13
According to Bob Phillis, the chief executive officer of Guardian Media Group PLC (GMG), the moral to be gleaned from the company's latest set of results is that 'tough times can bring the best out of an organisation.' Till March 30, 2003, the group's pre-tax profits were 37 million pounds,...
- BBC's Phillis ankling post; pubcaster delays news plan. Boehm, Erich // Variety;09/22/97, Vol. 368 Issue 7, p103
Reports that Robert Phillis is leaving the British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) to become chief executive of the Guardian Media Group. Phillis' accomplishments at BBC; Phillis' alleged dissatisfaction with being number two to John Birt.