Title II Move Could Spark 'War'
- Powell warns cable TV industry to tread carefully. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;06/11/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p26
Presents edited transcripts of an interview United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Michael Powell, about the cable industry. Government intervention in cable rate hikes; Escalating costs for sports networks; Digital TV; Biggest challenges of the cable industry; FCC's...
- Wireless industry major part of next revolution. // RCR;02/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p47
Presents an interview with United States Federal Communications Commissioner (FCC) Michael Powell on issues affecting the wireless industry in the US. Spectrum caps; Debate over the strongest-signal issue; Ways by which wireless industry can help local competition; Views on the FCC auction...
- LONG DAYS AT THE FCC. Munro, Neil // National Journal;9/22/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 38, p2932
Interviews Michael Powell, head of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC). His top priorities; Role of the government in preventing hurdles to the emergence of digital economy; Impact of the introduction of broadband on consumers; Circumstances that would justify FCC action to...
- FCC unveils controversial net neutrality proposal. // Flare (Pakistan);Jun2014, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p52
The article focuses on the new rules introduced by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) which are related to net neutrality. As mentioned, the commission is trying to regulate the access of Internet by public as it will increase the authority of FCC on internet service providers....
- An FCC Mystery. JOHNSON, TED // Variety;5/14/2013, Vol. 320 Issue 1, p32
The article discusses on the issue of U.S. President Barack Obama's choice for the chairman position in the Federal Communications Commission (FCC). It states that it is a question for anybody if President Obama's candidate for chairman, Tom Wheeler, stands on network neutrality. It also...
- The Reluctant Planner. Clark, Drew; Gillespie, Nick; Walker, Jesse // Reason;Dec2004, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p30
Interviews Michael Powell, chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, regarding mass media in the country. Indecency in broadcasting; Issue on media ownership rules; Competition in the communications system; Views on stopping digital piracy of copyrighted materials.
- Will Powell's FCC Wire Black Business For Success? // Black Enterprise;Jun2001, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p238
Interviews Michael Powell, appointed chairman of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on his agenda, media diversity and prospects of Afro-American business in the digital era. His priorities as chairman of the agency; How minority enterprises can gain access to the...
- Will New FCC Rules Pomote Competition? Krapf, Eric // Business Communications Review;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the rules imposed by the U.S. Federal Communication Commission on Internet service providers. Provision of competitive services by regional Bell operating companies; Impact of the rules imposed on market competition; Elimination of Unbundled Network Element-Platform.
- Absence of intervention. Taylor, Jennifer // Telephony;05/31/99, Vol. 236 Issue 22, p48
Assesses the United States Federation Communications Commission's (FCC) Internet policy. Reason behind the exemption of enhanced Internet service providers (ISP) from paying access charges; Complaints of local carriers on ISP; Benefits of the Internet policy of FCC.