Program provides around-the-clock clinical pharmacy services
- Univ. of Tenn. Med. Ctr.: Retail Units Rev-Up Sales, Customer-Counts. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p68
Reports on the opening of a Taco Bell Express and a Pizza Hut unit in the foodcourt of The University of Tennessee Medical Center. Features of the foodcourt; Sales of the two branded stores; Effects of the stores' opening in the total sales of the foodcourt.
- Influence of Preoperative Computed Tomography on Patients Undergoing Appendectomy. McDonald, Gregory P.; Pendarvis, Derek P.; Daley, Brian J.; Wilmoth, Rob // American Surgeon;Nov2001, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p1017
The frequency of computed tomography (CT) ordered by emergency department physicians at our facility was noted to sharply increase in early 1998 after a New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) article recommending routine CT in patients with suspected appendicitis. Numerous studies have proven...
- Agreements/contracts. // Medical Device Daily;7/21/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 140, p4
The article reports that the University of Tennessee Medical Center has chosen the SafetyConnect patient safety program of Premier.
- Does Alcohol Intoxication Alter the Assessment and Outcome of 'Observation-Status' Trauma Patients? McCadams, Joseph S.; Daley, Brian J.; Enderson, Blaine L. // American Surgeon;Nov2001, Vol. 67 Issue 11, p1110
We assessed the effect of blood alcohol concentration (BAC) on the evaluation, outcome, and hospital charges of our observation-status trauma patient population. We conducted a retrospective study over 18 months; any patient initially admitted with <24-hour observation status, Glasgow Coma Score...
- Consumer Health Information Library: A Collection Development Strategy. Lewis, Julie; Oelschlegel, Sandy; Earl, Martha // Tennessee Libraries;Sep2011, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p3
Conference Abstract: Preston Medical Library has provided a Consumer and Patient Health Information Service since 1989. Plans for relocation and expansion of the library include the addition of a new "Health Information Library" specifically for consumers. This article describes the development...
- Food City cooks up wellness in the Healthy Living Kitchen. // Drug Store News;3/14/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p30
The article reports on the partnership of supermarket and pharmacy operator Food City and the University of Tennessee Medical Center in Knoxville designed to expand and offer the latter's Healthy Living Kitchen nutrition education program to community events, schools and local stores in the U.S.
- The University of Tennessee Medical Center at Knoxville. Goldman, Mitchell H. // American Surgeon;Sep2012, Vol. 78 Issue 9, p909
The article provides information on the University of Tennessee Medical Center at Knoxville, Tennessee (UTMCK). UTMCK was founded as The University Memorial Hospital and Research Center in August 1956. Residencies, administrators and resident physicians who served at UTMCK are discussed. UTMCK...
- Man Reports Being Shot Twice In Great Smoky Mountains National Park. // National Parks Traveler;9/7/2012, p1
The article reports on a backcountry hiker who was shot twice in the leg while hiking at the Great Smoky Mountains National Park in North Carolina. It mentions that the victim was brought to University of Tennessee Medical Center for treatment. It also notes that the shooting occurred along...
- Deals roundup. // Medical Device Daily;8/6/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 151, p3
The article announces that LHC Group of Lafayette, Louisiana, a provider of home nursing services in the U.S. announces that it has acquired 100 percent of the assets of Morristown-Hamblen Home Health and Hospice. According to the article, this acquisition will operate as a subsidiary of LHC...