Q&A With Judy McGrath
- MTV Enters Korean Music-TV Market. Hau, Louis // Billboard;7/21/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 29, p60
Reports on the launch of a 24-hour music television channel by Music Television (MTV) in South Korea. Details of the channel; Music that will air on MTV Korea; Initial challenge facing the channel; Launch of Channel V Korea by Channel V Music Networks; Advantage that Channel V Korea and MTV...
- Coming Full Circle With MTV 360. Hay, Carla // Billboard;7/28/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 30, p56
Reports on the launch of the MTV 360 initiative by Music Television (MTV). How it works with MTV, MTV2 and MTV.com; Way in which it is a unique experience for the user of the Web site; Music and video downloads on the site; History of interactive programming on MTV: Description of MTV2;...
- The Evolution Of A Network. Block, Debbie Galante // Billboard;7/28/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 30, p54
Discusses the way that Music Television (MTV) has changed since its launch in August 1981. Differences in the type of music which has appeared on the channel; Way in which musicians and artists have changed; Example of upcoming television programs on the channel.
- ECHOSTAR FORCED TO ROCK. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;4/15/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 10, p8
The article reports that the Universal Music network IMF: The International Music Feed (IMF) is set to launch on EchoStar sometime today. The world's largest music company would be the first to launch its own network. With a heavyweight roster of acts to draw from, IMF may be well positioned...
- MTV Offers News, Games On Virgin Mobile USA. Garrity, Brian // Billboard;5/3/2003, Vol. 115 Issue 18, p49
Reports that Music Television (MTV) has launched a free programming service through Virgin Mobile USA. Types of services being offered via mobile phones from the feature known as *MTV (Star-MTV); Discussion of the program on MTV called 'Video Clash,' which allows people to vote from their...
- Scoring the Kosovo conflict. Lehner, Adam // New Yorker;05/24/99, Vol. 75 Issue 12, p28
Focuses on the distinction between the music that Cable News Network (CNN) used to score its special Kosovo coverage,`Strike Against Yugoslavia' and the music used for its `Strike Against Iraq' segments. Iraq-bombing music deemed as martial while the music behind the Kosovo coverage is foggy and...
- MTV closes the box. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/30/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 45, p26
Reports the consolidation of the Box Music Network of the Music Television Networks to create a single music network called MTV2. Service offered in Music Box; Number of network subscribers; Distribution deals of the network with Time Warner Cable, AT&T and Comcast; Retention of the...
- MTV TUNES UP JAPAN. Herskovitz, Jon // Daily Variety;08/30/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 62, p12
Reports that Music Television (MTV) is planning a return to Japan with reorganized programming and marketing plans. Scheduled airing of MTV Japan in January 2001 as a 24-hour Japanese-language service on cable and satellite television; Target audience.
- Fanfare Launch Pushed Back, Again. // Multichannel News;06/05/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p18
Reveals the plan of classical music channel Fanfare to launch its services in the third or fourth quarter of 2000. Public broadcaster WETA-TV's creation of the digital cable network; Procrastination of planned debut in Thanksgiving 1999 and the second quarter of 2000.