Mary Anne Ehlert on the Myths, Challenges, and Role of Advisers in Special-Needs Planning
- Sharing a Specialty. Ehrenfeld, Temma // Financial Planning;Jan2014, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p57
The article explores how financial planner Mary Anne Ehlert successfully established financial services firms Ehlert Financial Group and Protected Tomorrows. It mentions how having a sister with cerebral palsy encouraged her to focus on clients that have a special-needs family member. It cites...
- Advisor Trains Peers in Special-Needs Clientele. Fest, Glen // American Banker;3/6/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 35, p10
The article focuses on Mary Anne Ehlert, president of Chicago, Illinois-based firm Ehlert Financial Group. Ehlert's online training program in special-needs financial planning called Protected Tomorrows informs brokerages, banks, and financial firms about special-needs trusts and disabled...
- Planners urged to be expansive. // Money Management;3/3/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the need for financial planners to be expansive in finding returns for their clients in Australia.
- Planners shift to passive investments. Stewart, Tim // Money Management;9/15/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p1
The article reports on the increasing recommendations of passive investments made by financial planners.
- CE QUIZ. // Financial Planning;Sep2009, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p124
A quiz about financial planning which were featured in the issue is presented.
- Commissions mask true cost of advice. // Super Review;Apr2010, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p3
The article cites a study from West Australian super fund GESB which shows that Australian consumers are questioning on the true cost of advice, in which almost half of them thought less than 500 U.S. dollars per year was appropriate for a five-year financial plan.
- Glad tidings of good planning. Tisshaw, Gavin // Money Marketing;11/28/2002, p16
Discusses the value of financial advice offered by independent financial advisers (IFA) in Great Britain. Establishment of a bank of real-life examples of how advice made by an IFA made a tangible difference in people's lives; Potential savings made for clients every time an IFA puts a life...
- Learn financial basics before seeking help from professionals. Lenahan, Phil // Our Sunday Visitor;4/1/2012, Vol. 100 Issue 49, p25
This article presents tips for choosing a professional financial counselor.
- Depression in the Profession. Peck, Maureen // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p10
Introduces articles on the emotional component of being a financial advisor featured in the April 2003 issue of the 'Journal of Financial Planning.'