A SIT-DOWN WITH OPRAH'S CEO
- Oprah Winfrey Debuts New Network. Ross, Hannah // Washington Informer;1/6/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 62, p10
The article announces the launch of the television network Oprah Winfrey Network LLC (OWN) produced by media mogul Oprah Winfrey, which aims to provide entertainment, inform, and inspire viewers to live healthier lives.
- The Oprah Winfrey Network. Gliatto, Tom // People;1/17/2011, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p39
The article comments on the content of the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) television network, launched on January 1, 2011.
- Christina Norman. Rockwood, Kate // Fast Company;Nov2010, Issue 150, p39
The article discusses the personal life and career of Christina Norman, the chief executive officer (CEO) of the television network the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN). Various aspects of Norman's life are discussed, such as the first concert she attended when she was a child, her experiences...
- TOO BIG TO FAIL ON HER OWN? Lowry, Brian // Variety;5/30/2011, Vol. 423 Issue 3, p8
The author offers opinions on television personality and television broadcasting financier Oprah Winfrey. It is argued that Winfrey may have made a mistake in ending her syndicated television talk show to focus on the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) a cable television network she has founded,...
- OWNING IT. Franklin, Nancy // New Yorker;1/24/2011, Vol. 86 Issue 45, p72
The article discusses the career of talk show host Oprah Winfrey and the debut of her television network, the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN). Emphasis is given to topics such as programming on OWN, reality television programs, and Winfrey's overall ambitions. Other topics include food shows, family...
- Going her OWN way. Andreeva, Nellie // Hollywood Reporter;7/1/2009, Vol. 410 Issue 23, p11
The article presents an interview with Christina Norman, former president of MTV. Norman said that when she left MTV, one of the very first things she did was start talking to Discovery and to Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) about the job as its chief execitive officer (CEO). Norman said that the...
- OPRAH'S EYE ON HER OWN. SCHNEIDER, MICHAEL // Daily Variety;1/7/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the challenges faced by Oprah Winfrey in launching her Oprah Winfrey Network LLC (OWN) in January 2011 in the U.S.
- Who Wants More Oprah? Alston, Joshua // Newsweek;1/10/2011, Vol. 157 Issue 2/3, p52
The article discusses the launching of the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) television network by the television personality Oprah Winfrey. It notes that the network will primarily focus on content based around positive personal stories of growth and redemption. The author suggests that Winfrey...
- On Her OWN. Poniewozik, James // Time International (South Pacific Edition);01/10/2011, Vol. 177 Issue 1, p67
The article discusses media personality Oprah Winfrey and the launch of her cable-television Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) on January 1, 2011. The credo of the OWN network is said to follow that of "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that involves self-actualization and behaving at one's best based on the...