'I'm first and foremost a business person.'
- Launchpad of BBC's digital journey can be found at the Mill. Hall, Emma // Campaign (UK);10/16/98, Issue 42, p29
Focuses on the commercial created by the agency Leagas Delaney for the promotion of digital broadcasting of British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). Its features; How Doug Foster directed the film.
- BLIGHTLY B'CASTERS BATTLE BBC. Boehm, Erich // Variety;01/08/2001, Vol. 381 Issue 7, p33
Reports on commercial broadcasters that have banded together to fight over the plans of BBC to launch digital television channels. Satellite broadcasters that sent letter to England Culture Secretary Chris Smith for the investigation of the intentions of BBC; Impact of the plans of BBC on...
- Testing time for science on our screens. Jones, Glyn // New Scientist;6/1/91, Vol. 130 Issue 1771, p16
Comments on the British Broadcasting Co.'s television programming on science. Public concern on the science output of British television; Positive reaction to the appointment of David Filkin to the science department; Importance of the science programs, 'Horizon' and 'Tomorrow's World'; Urgency...
- BBC BOARD SLAMS SITCOMS. Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;7/13/2005, Vol. 288 Issue 7, p27
Reports on board of governors' review of British Broadcasting Corp. programming. Evidence of dissatisfaction with BBC1 sitcoms; Revival of the programs "Doctor Who' and "Strictly Come Dancing"; Progress of the pubcaster's digital channels.
- BBC sweetheart deal that costs competitors dearly. Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;10/31/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p27
Comments on the government's decision to give British Broadcasting Corp.-Telewest the permission to launch as many channels as the television network wants. Implication of the government's decision on the country's television sector; Alleged reason behind the government's decision.
- Closure of 405-line TV network 625-line services extended. // BKSTS Journal;Jul1980, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p356
The article reports on the closure of the 405-line very high frequency television services of the British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC). The 625-line ultra high frequency services which transmit BBC-1, BBC-2 and independent television in color will in due course transmit the fourth channel service....
- BBC News goes Green. // TVB Europe;Jul2003, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p3
Reports on BBC News and Current Affairs' purchase of five Aston Green character generators. Plans of BBC to provide dynamic captions both around Great Britain and internationally; Use of the Greens to display a continuous newscrawl, with the headlines loaded automatically from the BBCi Web site...
- A MOMENT WITH MARQUIS. // Campaign;5/12/2006, Issue 19, p16
The article focuses on the decision of British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) to terminate the broadcasting of its 50-year old television program and one of is biggest brands, "Grandstand." The BBC's reasoning is that Grandstand has lost touch with younger viewers, that it is no longer the definitive...
- Fit for purpose. Scott, Joanna // TVB Europe;Dec2002, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the technology procurements of television broadcasting in Europe. Installation of media servers by BBC Broadcast; Development of broadcast infrastructure project; Derivation of scheduling systems for television monitoring.