- CEO revives EMS by returning the firm to its roots. Woodburn, Jeff // New Hampshire Business Review;3/11/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p1
The article discusses the move of Will Manzer, the chief executive officer (CEO) of Eastern Mountain Sports Inc. (EMS) to return the EMS to its roots as an enthusiastic gear shop in New Hampshire. It states that Manzer, closed the 87 stores of EMS and started to change the culture and store...
- EMS: Turnaround On Track Track. Beaudry, Jennifer Ernst // FN: Footwear News;1/19/2009, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p4
The article offers information on the business condition of Eastern Mountain Sports Inc. in Peterborough, New Hampshire. It reveals that the firm has been able to establish 18 concept stores which are up and running. It indicates the goal of the company to build with about 90 stores at the end...
- Extreme Makeover. Carofano, Jennifer // FN: Footwear News;1/24/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p14
Interviews Will Manzer, CEO and president of Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS). Retail philosophy of EMS; Description of the retail concept for its stores; Marketing strategies of EMS; Kinds of footwear offered by the company.
- Battle of the Brands. Spector, Nicole // Direct Marketing News;Jun2012, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p21
The article reviews two websites from outdoor equipment and apparel retailers such as Eastern Mountain Sports Inc. and Recreational Equipment Inc., located at www.rei.com.
- Lawn Dining. López-Cordero, Mario // New York;7/30/2007, Vol. 40 Issue 27, p56
This article recommends various products that would be well-suited to an outdoor picnic. These products include an aluminum candle lantern available at Eastern Mountain Sports, Acrylic Diamond Goblets available at Urban Outfitters, and a melamine platter by Precidio Peacock, available at...
- Manzer Returning EMS to Its Roots. Lloyd, Brenda // DNR: Daily News Record;9/13/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 37, p3
Focuses on the plan of CEO Will Manzer for Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS), a Perterborough, New Hampshire-based outdoor retailer, in 2004. Number of stores owned by EMS; Reason behind the decision of the CEO to re-focus the company; Views of Peter Castleman, managing partner of J. H. Whitney &...
- EMS Nabs Extra Financing. Davis, Avram // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;8/31/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 35, p1
The article reports on the 50 million U.S. dollar additional funding received by Eastern Mountain Sports (EMS), an outdoor gear and apparel company. The retailer based in Peterborough, New Hampshire raised the equity primarily from existing investors aside from a larger credit facility led by...
- BLUE STREAK. Mount, Ian // Inc.;Jun2004, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p62
Presents information on the surfing life of ISP Boingo CEO Sky Danton. Description of the injuries which he has received while surfing; Places he goes to in order to surf; Outdoor recreational activities that he does besides surfing.
- EMS to expand in Peterborough. // New Hampshire Business Review;7/23/93, Vol. 15 Issue 13, p5
Reports on Peterborough Planning Board's approval for the expansion of the Eastern Mountain Sports' (EMS) corporate offices and warehouse. Ruling on a separate lot owned by EMS; Land as former dump of industrial wastes.