Broadband Plan: On Time or Sooner, Says Levin
- Hundt's front man looks back. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;11/03/97, Vol. 127 Issue 45, p26
Presents an interview with Blair Levin, former chairman of the Federal Communications Commission. Lobbying power of broadcasters; Opinions about digital television; Opinions about Levin's predecessors.
- Public Proposals Included in National Broadband Plan. // District Administration;May2010, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p12
The article discusses the incorporation of recommendations into the National Broadband Plan issued by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regarding the use of broadband technology in schools.
- VDT networks: Who plays? Who pays? Eby, Deborah // America's Network;11/15/94, Vol. 98 Issue 22, p24
Focuses on concerns regarding the lack of rules from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) governing the payment of broadband capacity. Conception of video dialtone (VDT) by the FCC; Examination of how plans of telephone companies can cover VDT costs during the approval and tariff filing...
- PCS entrepreneurs' block rule draws fire. // Telephony;11/28/94, Vol. 227 Issue 22, p9
Highlights the release of the final order on broadband personal communications service licenses for rural telephone companies and carriers by the Federal Communications Commission. Effect of ruling on alliances between PCS providers and competition; Commending of FCC for the dropping of equity...
- FCC beginning to feel heat as PCS rules near finalization. Mason, Charles F. // Telephony;6/6/94, Vol. 226 Issue 23, p6
Focuses on Federal Communications Commission's establishment of final rules for broadband personal communication services (PCS). Petitions to reconsider various aspects of previous regulations; Consolidation of spectrum allocation; Awarding of PCS licenses in auctions; Treatment of small...
- PCS rules, take two. Mason, Charles F. // Telephony;6/20/94, Vol. 226 Issue 25, p14
Reports on the overall positive industry response to the Federal Communications Commission's revision of rules on broadband personal communications services (PCS). Significance of the agency's quick action to the industry; Satisfaction over the new band plan which promises to lower equipment...
- FCC moves bidding to stage 3. Williams, Tom // Telephony;2/6/95, Vol. 228 Issue 6, p1
Reports on the scheduled move of the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) auction of broadband personal communication services licenses into its third stage. Features of the third stage; Comment by Gerry Vaughan, FCC Deputy Bureau Chief.
- FCC Reiterates Importance Of Broadband Wireless. Rockwell, Mark; Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;2/25/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the policy of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on broadband wireless communication. Perception on broadband revolution; Views of FCC Chairman Michael Powell on third-generation wireless devices; Actions needs to be taken by the FCC to address the issues on broadband...
- FCC offers deals to certain bidders. Mason, Charles F. // Telephony;7/4/94, Vol. 227 Issue 1, p1
Reports that the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) voted to give special breaks to small businesses and those owned by women and minorities for broadband personal communication services auctions. Date of the auction; Annual revenues of small businesses included in the auction; Incentives.