Finding Ways to Reach Minorities With Broadband
- TECHNOLOGY. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/4/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 13, p13
The article announces that the Utah broadband Mapping, Analysis, and Planning Project is receiving a supplemental grant award of 3.1 million U.S. dollars from the U.S. Department of Commerce's National Telecommunications and Information Administration.
- NTIA to gather tower-siting best practices. // RCR Wireless News;4/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p11
Reports on the efforts of the U.S. National Telecommunications and Information Administration to disseminate information on tower siting and other rights-of-way issues to spur broadband deployment. Advantage of the effort.
- NTIA asks for comments on broadband deployment. // RCR Wireless News;11/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p7
Reports on the request of the National Telecommunications and Information Administration for comments on several broadband deployment issues. Submission of the request.
- Federal government OKs expansion of ARRA-funded broadband project. // Caribbean Business;3/14/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p6
The article reports on the U.S. National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA)'s approval of Puerto Rico Bridge Initiative (PRBI) project's expansion, which was announced by Critical Hub Networks to include a fiber optic middle-mile segment through the Tren Urbano rail system.
- NTIA to Study Broadband. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;11/26/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 48, p16
Reports the study of the United States National Telecommunications and Information Administration on the state of broadband deployment. Need for overhaul deployment policies; Impact on the changes in the telecommunication pricing rules.
- Why No Video In Broadband Study? It's Personal. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;10/20/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 39, p34
The article discusses a study released by the National Telecommunications & Information Administration on broadband adoption, non-adoption and the use of mobile broadband.
- Millions in stimulus cash awarded for broadband. // Buffalo Law Journal;9/30/2010, Vol. 82 Issue 78, p4A
The article reports on the 190 million U.S. dollars award economic stimulus funds given by the National Telecommunication and Information Administration in the U.S. for the use of broadband technology.
- Broadband stimulus: The first round. GUBBINS, ED // Connected Planet;Oct2009, p8
The article presents the result of bids the U.S. National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) received for the first round of broadband stimulus applications. A large number of applicants were states, which is seen as a conflict of interest because states are supposed to be...
- NTIA Claims BPL Could Help Alleviate Power Line Noise. Lindquist, Rick // QST;Aug2004, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p71
Discusses the National Telecommunications and Information Administration's (NTIA) comments on the broadband over power line (BPL) Notice of Proposed Rule Making which clearly reveals its determination in selling the technology's viability. NTIA's recommendations in reducing BPL interference...