- Keeping up with Jones. Andreoli, Teresa // License!;Jun2003, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p40
Profiles George Jones, president and chief executive officer at Saks Incorporated Department Store Group. Previous positions; Responsibilities; Promotion of licensing.
- Price negotiation: Keep it simple, and give them a "win". DICKENSON, SUSAN // Home Accents Today;Oct2014, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p18
The article focuses on the price negotiation tool Pricewaiter. Topics discussed include the insights of chief executive officer (CEO) T. J. Gentle of customer services tools provider Smartfurniture.com on the importance of the pricing tool, the customer services management, and the retailer...
- Extreme Makeover. Abel, Katie // FN: Footwear News;6/28/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 25, p16
Interviews Matt Serra, chairman, CEO and president of Foot Locker Inc. Career background of Serra; Remarks on the acquisition of Footaction USA; Views on industry consolidations; Challenges in running three similar athletic footwear chains; Forecast on the state of Foot Locker Inc. in five years.
- WWD Special Report. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/5/2011, Vol. 202 Issue 115, p1b
An introduction to a series of article based on the firm Bloomingdale's Inc. and its chief executive officer (CEO) Michael Gould is presented.
- Saks Creates Omni-Management. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/ 8/2013, Vol. 205 Issue 27, p2
The article discusses the strategic planning of the retail company Saks Inc., which redesigned the job functions of senior managers to incorporate online marketing and omnichannel merchandising. Executives such as Ron Frasch, Stephen I. Sadove, and Joseph Boitano are mentioned, as well as the...
- The Game Changers. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/5/2011, Vol. 202 Issue 115, p2b
The article focuses on the contribution of chief executive officer (CEO) Michael Gould in the firm Bloomingdale's Inc. It mentions Gould has joined the firm Bloomingdale's in November 1991. Gould has kept the firm on a steady path of change, advancing revenues and profits. He has also developed...
- Tony Spring To Succeed Michael Gould As CEO. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/31/2013, Vol. 206 Issue 90, p1
The article announces the appointment of Tony Spring as chief executive officer (CEO) at Bloomingdale's.
- Quality and service! Quality and service! Quality and service! Grindlay, Andrew // Business Quarterly;Spring91, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p3
Looks at chief executive officers' (CEO) promotion of the virtues of quality and service. Reasons why quality and service goals are seldom implemented; Signs of companies' efforts to improve the credibility of the CEO with the latter's speeches in service and quality.
- Looking Inside. Klein, Ed // Westchester County Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 13, p37
Reports business developments in the U.S. as of March 2003. Launch of PowerNet Internet and PowerCall Voice Services by Con Edison Communications; Selection of Lason Lippert as president and chief executive officer Lippert Components Inc.; Issuance of shares of stock by Metromedia Fiber Network.