SALES TRAINING it's child's play
- SPOTLIGHT ON LABS AT VISION EXPO WEST. // LabTalk;Nov/Dec2015, Vol. 43 Issue 23F, p30
Photographs of optical lab personnel at the Hall of Fame Banquet and Labapalooza lab party at Vision Expo West in Las Vegas, Nevada are presented.
- OVERHEARD. // Vision Monday;9/5/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p10
The article presents statements from ophthalmic and eye care practitioners regarding the 2011 International Vision Expo West and the Annual Meeting of the Optical Laboratories Association.
- OPTOMETRY: Editorial. Anderson, Kevin // Eye Care Review;Jun2009, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p16
The author reflects on the 31st bi-annual Academy of Ophthalmic Education (AOE) seminar in April 2009 in Canada. He states that it was an honor for him to attend the seminar together with various optometrists and opticians. He mentions the lecture series titled "Clinician to clinician" which...
- Getting the most from your digital lab. Mattison-Shupnick, Mark // 20/20;Sep2012, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p116
In this article, the author discusses the tips for opticians on understanding how digital optical laboratories work. It informs that lab's quality and lens verification process must be understood by an optician along with the prescriptions from both doctor and by the optical laboratory which he...
- OLA Present Tailored Education Classes for Labs. // Vision Monday;9/5/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p58
The article reports on the Annual Meeting of the Optical Laboratories Association held in conjunction with the 2011 International Vision Expo West. The meeting centered on discussions pertaining to the relationship between eye care professionals and their ophthalmic laboratories, the relevance...
- PROFILE. // Event;Oct2002, p19
Presents an interview of Robert Bell, director of Evolution Event Management. Career background; Preference regarding his working environment; Views on his greatest work achievement.
- Dynamics of Digitally Surfaced Lenses. // LabTalk;Nov/Dec2009, Vol. 37 Issue 23G, p28
The article presents responses to Hal Walker's editorial on the optical industry. The panelists include Alex Incera of Gerber Coburn, Chris Pantle of DAC International, Inc., and Ian Gregg of Satisloh North America. Incera suggests growing revenue and profits by delivering higher margin...
- What It Takes to Become the Transitions Lab of the Year. Giles, Craig // LabTalk;May/Jun2008, Vol. 36 Issue 160, p32
The article focuses on the factors behind the success of Soderberg, recipient of the 2008 Transitions Laboratory of the Year award. Soderberg's partnership with Transitions Optical is significant to the success of the company. Soderberg gives emphasis on the education of eye care professionals....
- Partners team up for optician education. // Optometry Times;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p42
The article reveals that the inaugural Opticians in May education day was held in California in a bid to provide continuing education for opticians. Sponsors of the event included the California Association of Dispensing Opticians (CADO), Carl Zeiss Vision and CSC Labs. The event was attended by...