How I got where I am today
- DOT-COM FALLOUT. Meade, Jim // HR Magazine;Sep2001, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p86
Focuses on the failure of the human resource (HR) software industry in the United States in 2001. Trends among HR software companies; Impact of the mergers on customers; Pieces of advice in selecting vendors of HR software solutions.
- A Closer Look at a Business Renaissance Executive: An Interview with Pegi Matsuda. // Business Renaissance Quarterly;Winter2009, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p11
An interview with Pegi Matsuda, president of "San Fernando Valley Business Journal," is presented. Matsuda says that equating the needs of employees and the business makes her a business renaissance executive. She notes that her ability to work along with her employees allows her to stand out...
- CAREER MOVES. Phillips, Lucy // People Management;3/8/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p56
An interview with Vanessa Loughlin, head of organization and change at Vodafone UK, is presented. She reveals that his first human resource (HR) job was a graduate personnel officer at computing firm ICL. She cites the various HR partner roles she held around different areas of the business at...
- The Decline and Fall of High-Tech Corporate Culture. Ross, Nancy // IEEE Software;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p12
Offers a look at the factors that caused the employees of software development companies to be discontented with their jobs. Impact of the relationship with boss and coworkers on employees' decision to change companies; Reason for employees' short-term employment thinking; How to create a...
- Editorial. // Vikalpa: The Journal for Decision Makers;Apr-Jun2013, Vol. 38 Issue 2, preceding p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including culture in mergers and acquisitions, computer software professionals and the role of human resource (HR) management in healthcare organizations.
- Debunking the myths surrounding ASPs. Amore, Sam // Employee Benefit News;Feb2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p24
Provides information on the myths surrounding application service providers (ASP). Use of ASP by personnel managers; Benefits of using ASP for non-core applications; Guidelines in using ASP.
- HR software link/print & online buyers' guide. // Workforce (10928332);Apr98, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p81
Presents a resource guide for human resources management software. Includes vendor name; Description of the software; Hardware specifications.
- interview with…. Swann, Nicola // Employers Law;Apr2009, p26
An interview with Nicola Swann, human resources (HR) director at Speechly Bircham, is presented. She explains how she became an HR director at Speechly Bircham. She emphasizes the need for tenacity, the ability to be influential and a business mind in HR management. She believes employee...
- BE A FLEXIBLE WTD FRIEND. Brown, Andrew // Motor Transport;7/24/2003, p21
Presents an interview with Jane Hawkins, director of human resources at UCI Logistics. Views on the Working Time Directive (WTD) in Great Britain; Effects of WTD on companies; Efforts made by UCI to fight driver shortage. INSET: Untitled.