Moshe Milevsky on Human Capital, Assessing Risk, and the Future of Variable Annuities
- Rankings and market risk measures. // LAN: Life Association News;Dec98, Vol. 93 Issue 12, p106
Explains the mechanics of performance measures of relative safety, volatility and excitement of variable annuities. Beta coefficient; Sharpe ratio; VARDS Risk ratings.
- CE QUIZ. // Financial Planning;May2008, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p136
A quiz concerning the articles published within the May 2008 issue of "Financial Planning" is presented.
- Variable Annuities: More Than Just Tax-Deferral. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/4/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 31, p20
Focuses on the enactment of the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act and the death of the variable annuity. Advantages of variable annuity; Combination of elements of both investments and insurance; Risk management for clients planning for retirement. INSET: Marginal vs. Average Tax...
- Broad Brush. Katt, Peter C. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p20
A letter from writer Peter Katt is presented in response to several letters to the editor written about his article "The Good, Bad, and Ugly of Annuities," in the November 2006 issue.
- Diversifying for the New Normal. McCarthy, Michael // Agent's Sales Journal;Nov2011, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p14
The article reports on the importance of diversifying insurance marketing and selling with options like variable annuities in the U.S. It states that variable annuities are considered effective tools in creating and protecting a guaranteed retirement income stream and have gained wide acceptance...
- Planners Time VAs To Manage Market Risk. King, Carole Ann // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/14/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 33, p25
Reports on the use of the market timing technique or active asset management of variable annuities by United States financial planners to manage market risk. How the technique works; Complaint of financial planners against insurers; Drawbacks of market timing.
- Risk Analysis of Mortality Improvement: The Case of Chinese Annuity Markets. Mao, Hong; Ostaszewski, Krzysztof M; Wang, Yuling // Geneva Papers on Risk & Insurance - Issues & Practice;Apr2008, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p234
China has experienced significant improvement in longevity (commonly referred to as mortality improvement) since the late 1930s. The rate of mortality improvement has been faster than in most developed countries. This development has resulted in a great challenge to provide retirement income to...
- Multiple Choice For VA Clients. Perlin, Jill // Best's Review;May2013, Vol. 114 Issue 1, p35
The article discusses the risk management for variable annuity (VA) subaccount choices through asset allocation funds. It notes that the performance of broad market indexes can be monitored through risk management of VA investment options for insurance. It mentions that exposure to low quality...
- Focusing on Taxes Misses VA Benefits. Pentola, Betty // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p20
A letter to Peter Katt is presented in response to his article "The Good, Bad, and Ugly of Annuities," in the November 2006 issue.