How I got where I am today
- Re-thinking Empowerment. Maccoby, Michael // Research Technology Management;Sep/Oct99, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p56
Provides information on an interview with a chief executive officer about empowerment. Definition of empowerment; How to assure that empowered people will do the right thing; Factors that are causing companies to re-think empowerment.
- Wiedeking: Image factor was key in Leipzig decision. // Automotive News Europe;09/27/99, Vol. 4 Issue 20, p34
Interviews Porsche chief executive Wendelin Wiedeking about the decision to build the sport-utility vehicles it jointly-developed with Volkswagen in separate plants. Reasons for the decision to build the Porsche sport-utility in Leipzig, Germany; Costs associated with the establishment of a...
- Goldman: Looking Forward, Looking Back. Carson, Phil // Wireless Week;9/10/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 37, p40
Presents an interview with Scott Goldman, former chief executive officer of the WAP Forum, about the future of wireless application protocol (WAP). Career in the wireless telecommunication industry; Reason Goldman joined the WAP Forum; How WAP has evolved.
- Up and Coming. Hubberstey, Claire // Third Sector;Feb2015, Issue 809, p22
The article presents an interview with Claire Hubberstey, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at Crime Prevention Charity, who discusses her role as an executive in nonprofit organization, her inspiration and work life balance as young professional.
- SINS OF THE FOUNDER. // Inc.;Aug2001, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p66
Presents an interview with David L. Feldman, chief executive officer of Ampro Computers, about his views on dismissing employees. Update on the ZF Micro Devices Inc. that Feldman runs as a second company; Situation at Ampro when Feldman announced a layoff in 1990; How an increase in the number...
- POWER TO THE PEOPLE. // Rental Equipment Register;Mar2004, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p44
Interviews Bob Fien, CEO of Honeoye Falls, New York-based Stone Construction Equipment, about employee ownership. Benefits of employee ownership to companies; Information on a business model that will best work in employee-owned companies; Details of the communication in employee-owned companies.
- Keeping Ford Hip. Washington, Laura // Money;Jul2000, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p34
Presents an interview with Jacques Nasser, chief executive officer of Ford Motor Co. Some of the cars that Ford plans to develop; How he feels about Ford's dependence on high-priced sports utility vehicles; Why Ford is interested in buying Korea's Daewoo.
- CEO Q&A. Sibillin, Anthony // BRW;11/19/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p12
An interview with CMC Markets for Australia and New Zealand chief executive officer (CEO) Barry Odes is presented. When asked for advice on people management, he says that officials must empower their people and include them in the decision-making process. He adds that key factors for the...
- BATS: Building Technology, Creating Markets. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Securities Industry News;4/19/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p9
An interview with Better Alternative Trading System (BATS) Global Markets founder and chief executive Joe Ratterman is presented. When asked about the elements of a better alternative trading system, he points to speed and tolerance for speed, functionality, and pricing. He believes that...