Dramatic Changes in the Industry
- TECH BRIEFS. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2013, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p124
The article reports on an announcement by JVC Professional Products Company that its VN-H657U PTZ dome and VN-H657W-PU outdoor PTZ dome security cameras are listed as Profile S supporting devices by the Open Network Video Interface Forum (ONVIF).
- Security cameras may be coming. Rupkalvis, David // Graham Leader;10/30/2011, Vol. 136 Issue 22, p1A
The article reports on the proposal of installation of security cameras in the courthouse in Young County, Texas to monitor the buildings, for surveillance and in order to keep a backup of information.
- Saves on Lighting Costs. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2012, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p78
The article offers brief information on the True Day/Night surveillance camera from JVC Professional Products Co.
- Caught red-handed by the deputy head. // International Fire & Security Product News;Apr2004, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p36
Reports on the analogue surveillance system upgraded by the Kingsmead School in Cheltenham, England. RedHand recording system and Pixord video server cameras supplied by Gardiner Security for the school; Remarks from Jerry Spence, managing director of RedHand, on the features of Pixord cameras.
- How Good Is License Plate Recognition? // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Oct2011, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p50
The article offers information about license plate recognition applications in video analytics.
- TRANSLATION OF LEGISLATION: BELGIUM. // Digital Evidence & Electronic Signature Law Review;2013, Vol. 10, p227
A summary is presented of the Royal Decree of February 10, 2008 in Belgium, which establishes the manner in which camera surveillance must be notified.
- Vision on guard. Blackman, Greg // Imaging & Machine Vision Europe;Apr/May2008, Issue 26, p16
The article offers information on how security market has moved on from closed circuit television (CCTV) to more complex imaging technologies. Security camera technology has advanced beyond standard CCTV systems, and the need to monitor people is greater as the technology advances. Demand for...
- The Apple of the Eye: Parents' Use of Webcams in a Danish Day Nursery. Jørgensen, Vibeke // Surveillance & Society;Sep2004, Vol. 2 Issue 2/3, p446
Via webcams parents can now, from their place of work, see what happens in the day nursery of their child. The focus of this paper is why Danish parents of children, aged 0-6, use webcams, what they use them for and why some parents refuse using the webcams. The conclusions rest on a qualitative...
- Open-Street CCTV in Australia: The Politics of Resistance and Expansion. Sutton, Adam; Wilson, Dean // Surveillance & Society;Sep2004, Vol. 2 Issue 2/3, p310
This paper summarizes the first systematic attempt to document and assess the extent of open-street CCTV systems in Australia. In addition to providing empirical data, this paper argues that it is tempting for Australian scholars, and those elsewhere, to view the UK 'surveillance revolution' as...