- The Hibbett Way. Pallerino, Michael J. // Commercial Construction & Renovation;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p26
An interview with Hibbett Sporting Goods president and chief executive officer (CEO) Jeff Rosenthal is presented. When asked about the most challenging task in the expansion plan, Jeff tells that the company must ensure the construction of 20 new stores in the 4th quarter of 2011. When asked...
- Small Town Charm. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Nov2005, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p20
This article features Hibbett Sporting Goods, a sporting goods retailer based in Florence, Alabama. Founded in 1945 by Rufus Hibbett, the retailer was originally known as Dixie Supply Co., becoming Hibbett Sporting Goods in 1952. The company prospers by operating stores averaging 5,000 square...
- Soft economy can't stop Hibbett. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;5/5/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the success of Hibbett Sporting Goods stores' business strategy. Consistent sales and profit growth for the company; Operation of small stores in small markets; Percentage gains for the fiscal year which ended on February 1, 2003.
- Hibbett Sports, Inc. // Hibbett Sports, Inc. SWOT Analysis;11/20/2015, p1
A SWOT analysis of Hibbett Sports, Inc is presented.
- HIBBETT HIRES PRESIDENT. // SGB;Aug2005, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p14
Reports on the appointment of Brian Piddy as president at Birmingham, Alabama-based Hibbett Sporting Goods in 2005. Involvement of Piddy in Bombay Co.; Career background of Piddy in the sporting goods industry; Benefits of the move to Hibbett according to Hibbett's chairman and CEO Mickey Newsome.
- DATAMONITOR: Hibbett Sports, Inc. // Hibbett Sports, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Nov2011, p1
A company profile of Hibbett Sports Inc., a sporting goods retailer based in Birmingham, Alabama, is presented. It presents an overview of the company, along with key facts including contact information, number of employees and revenues. It also provides an analysis of the company's strengths,...
- The Neighborhood Place. Salgado, Brian // Retail Merchandiser;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p72
The article features Hibbett Sports, which is expanding its presence in the U.S. in 2013 while remaining as the neighborhood sporting goods store. Hibbett Sports vice president of real estate Jeff Gray explained their efforts to take the concept of local sporting goods store to the next level....
- US: Hibbett Sports cuts FY earnings outlook. Smith, Katie // Aroq - Just-Style.com (Global News);8/14/2014, p1
The article presents a reprint of the article "US: Hibbett Sports cuts FY earnings outlook," which appeared in the August 11, 2014 issue of "Aroq-Just-Style.com." U.S. sporting goods company Hibbett Sports Inc. cuts its fiscal year earnings outlook in 2014 and now expects full-year earnings per...
- Untitled. // DSN Retailing Today;3/19/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p23
Presents news briefs on the sporting goods industry in the United States as of March 19, 2001. Search of Hibbett Sporting Goods for a chief financial officer; Decision of Buy.com in exiting from its golf and sporting goods business; Success of the P.E. 4Life initiative of the Sporting Goods...