TD-SCDMA Supporters Tout 3G Alternative
- Choices and confusion spread wider as spread spectrum goes mainstream. Schweber, Bill // EDN;10/10/96, Vol. 41 Issue 21, p79
Identifies the factors that must be considered when designing a spread spectrum communications. Includes the system performance; Complexity; Compatibility. INSETS: How do you like to hop?.;It's a very inclusive standard.;Looking ahead: Not just for wireless anymore..
- Spread-spectrum: Fool's gold? GUILL, DENNIS J. // Wireless Review;01/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p37
Provides information on the spread-spectrum radios. Fundamental concept of spread-spectrum radios; Primary advantage of spread-spectrum; Interference potential; Benefits of unlicensed spread-spectrum radios.
- Extending serial communications with spread spectrum. Mathias, Craig J. // Business Communications Review;Aug93, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p39
Features advances in and uses of spread spectrum communications. Spread spectrum radio; Frequency hopping technique; Direct sequence technique; Increase productivity of low speed wireless networking; Can be used in vehicular traffic flow management; Monitoring and regulating import -export...
- Spectrum Management Needs A Traffic Cop. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;7/15/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 28, p37
Discusses the issue of spectrum management in the United States. U.S. agencies with regulatory responsibility for spectrum; Entities that are examining spectrum reform.
- `Smart trailers' to talk with drivers via spread spectrum. Engelke, Roger // Electronic Design;03/23/98, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p29
Focuses on the use of spread-spectrum power-line carrier communication over a semi-trailer's existing lighting wiring, to provide truck drivers with vital safety information. Why the project was organized; Other functions of the system; Contact information.
- GAO Calls For National Spectrum Strategy. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;8/19/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 31, p4
Reports on the suggestion to establish a national spectrum strategy in the United States. Suggested megahertz of additional spectrum that should be made available for third-generation mobile networks; Comments from Mark Racek of Ericsson about having a spectrum policy; First step toward...
- Spread-spectrum method identifies audio path. Dougherty, Bob // EDN Europe;Apr2000, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p88
Features a design of an spread-spectrum method that identifies audio path. Use of an injected audio spread-spectrum tag signal; Injection of the tag into the various inputs of the possible paths; Detection of the tag at the output, or speaker.
- CDMA still a possibility in Brazil's 1800 MHz band. Luna, Lynnette // RCR Wireless News;9/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p23
Focuses on the auction of spectrum in the 1800 megahertz band by the government of Brazil. Consideration of putting code division multiple access technology into the 1800 MHz band; Reasons of the Brazilian regulatory authority for deciding to auction the band; Impact of the moves on the global...
- Untitled. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/28/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 9, p64
Reports on the marketing by Unisys Corporation of a commercial wireless communications product using a technology previously available only to military customers. Description of the PA 100TM spread spectrum integrated circuit; Utilization of spread spectrum technology in wireless local area...