The Third-Generation Holographic Cocktail Party
- Soft focus. Reid, Robert // Money Marketing;2/7/2008, p44
The article presents the author's views on the importance of soft skills in financial planning. According to the author, the next generation of planners are very important, and the present planners will need to participate in the training of new recruits. He states that the supposed greatest...
- The real wrap. Child, David // Money Marketing;2/17/2005, p56
The article provides information on wrap accounts. Technology can make it easier for the IFAs to provide an ongoing holistic financial planning service to a larger number of clients. This is what wrap accounts aim to do--enabling IFAs to manage their client's financial affairs according to their...
- Take the tedium out of the medium. Tsanadis, Andrew // Money Management;10/24/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p16
The article discusses the role of social media and new technology to financial planners and wealth advisors. It states that social media has the potential to build a referral network with more confidence and trust in the financial services industry. Humble Investor director Colin Williams...
- Capita FS's Adam Byford on the tech potential for advice. Smith, Amanda Newman // Money Marketing (Online Edition);2/20/2014, p47
The author comments on the greater use of technology in financial services. Technology will make clients become more self-sufficient, providing them with greater access to information. Because of technology, clients' relationship with the financial adviser will change. Many clients will take...
- NEXT MOVE. Elworthy, Paul // Computer Weekly;5/8/2007, p28
The article presents an advice on how one could get into financial services information technology (IT). A reader asks an advice for his plan to study for chartered financial analyst certification (CFA). The author shared that moving into finance can be difficult with no experience, and since...
- From Archimedes' Lever to Nano Tech. Weber, Richard M. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Mar2008, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p32
The article focuses on high technology hardware and software for financial planners. Information technology has seen the most innovation of any science-based industry since 1990. Products once seen as frills, such as broadband internet service for laptop computers, have now become essentials for...
- Scaled advice to add weight to FOFA reforms. McIntyre, Ashleigh // Super Review;May2011, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p3
The article reports on the alterations to the Future of Financial Advice (FOFA) in Australia, which include the introduction of scaled advice.
- Fee-for-service advice key in financial planning trial. // Super Review;May2011, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p3
The article focuses on the financial planning trial in Australia on the provision of advice on a free-for-service advice basis.
- Planning (And Not Selling) Your Way To Success. Bell, William // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/30/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 25, p14
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being in the financial services industry. INSET: Key To A Successful Client Engagement.