Security No Longer Stands Alone
- ICARFAD: A Novel Framework for Improved Network Security Situation Awareness. Sharma, Chanchal; Kate, Vandana // International Journal of Computer Applications;Feb2014, Vol. 87, p26
Networking components and technologies is continuously proving their presence in various core areas of business like IT, Health Care, Stocks, and Emergencies with Military systems. It is possible by applying multiple system phenomenons of compatibility, interoperability and integration of...
- Progress and Challenges. KIMERY, ANTHONY // HS Today;Oct2013, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p3
The author expresses his views about the progress and challenges of homeland security in the U.S., both in natural and man-made disasters, since its foundation in 2014. Topics discussed include the importance of culture of unity to homeland security asserted by U.S. Army General Chuck Jacoby,...
- Lighting Them Up: SOUTH CAROLINA SOFTWARE AND SECURITY FIRM GLITTERS ON TRIE GLOBAL SCENE. COTHRAN, PENNY DELANEY // South Carolina Business;Mar/Apr2015, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p22
The article offers information on the software firm Mariner Group. located in Columbia, South Carolina. It presents views of Steve Dryden, president of Mariner Group LLC, on the same, offers information on the Command Bridge situational awareness software launched by the firm for real-time...
- The Hunter/Gatherer/Birder Ape. ZICKEFOOSE, JULIE // Bird Watcher's Digest;May/Jun2013, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p76
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of using situational awareness, the idea of being conscious of the effects of one's actions to his/her surroundings during bird watching.
- Scan Eagle. // Wings of Gold;Spring2011, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p64
The article features the Scan Eagle, an Unmanned Aircraft system (UAS) for real-time, direct situational awareness and force protection information for security force expeditionary teams, which was successfully flown abroad in February 2011 aboard the USS Comstock.
- Situational awareness in public health. Pledger, Gordon // Journal of Public Health;Sep2004, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p319
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Situational Awareness in Public Health," by Edmund G. Jessop, published in a 2004 issue.
- PEO Soldier Equipment Piece of the Week (End of May): Nett Warrior (NW). // Military Technology;2013, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p35
The article offers information on Nett Warrior (NW), which is an integrated situational awareness (SA) system for dismounted leaders to be used during combat operations.
- MULTI-SENSOR SLAM FOR TACTICAL SITUATIONAL AWARENESS. Ruotsalainen, Laura; Kirkko-Jaakkola, Martti; Liang Chen; Gröhn, Simo; Guinness, Robe rt; Kuusniemi, Heidi // GPS World;Feb2016, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p69
The article focuses on the Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM), a robotic solutions based on a monocular camera that can be used for tactical situational awareness.
- WHY TWO SIDES? // Calliope;Apr2013, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p5
The article presents information related to reviewing historical accounts of anything and understanding a situation from all sides.