- CEO characteristics and technological innovativeness: A Canadian perspective. Kitchell, Susan // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Jun97, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p111
Examines the linkage between chief executive officer characteristics and technological innovativeness in Canada. Concern over the technology adoption rate of Canadian manufacturers; Support for the upper echelons theory; Implications of the finding for education, managerial practices and public...
- IT leadership: CEO's toughest role. Teresko, John // Industry Week/IW;9/18/95, Vol. 244 Issue 17, p53
Reports on the role of the chief executive officer regarding the use of information technology in management. Need for conceptual understanding of available information technology and how it relates to the strategic use of information within organizations; Organization's requirements; Ability...
- British Invasion, Fintech Edition. Hochstein, Marc // American Banker;3/24/2015, Vol. 180 Issue 44, p1
An interview with Claire Cockerton, the founding chief executive officer of Great Britain-based trade group Innovate Finance, is presented. She explains how Innovate Finance helps accelerate the financial technology sector in Great Britain. She explains the presence of a simple regulatory...
- FRANK HUGELMEYER. // SGB;Summer2009, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p96
An interview with Frank Hugelmeyer, president of the Outdoor Industry Association is presented. When asked about the inspiration behind his work as an outdoors enthusiast, he refers to his childhood days in Long Island, New York. He also talks about his interests in outdoor sports, and mentions...
- Technology transforms role of CEO. Fleming, Cathy // Credit Union Magazine;Sep2000, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p22
No abstract available.
- What bank CEOs need to know to understand the new technology. Seymann, Marilyn R.; Faulkner, Carl A. // American Banker;6/30/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 125, p20
Presents technology questions most frequently asked by senior banking executives. Discernment of the need for management information systems; Accessing complete customer relationship information in the central information file; Installment of a loan origination system; Hidden costs of user...
- Why CEOs must back marketers' products focus. Mazur, Laura // Marketing (00253650);11/28/2002, p18
Examines why chief executives officers must back marketers' products. Relationship between innovation and competitiveness; Significance of product innovation in the growth of products sales; Number of executives who agreed on the view that their company encourage innovation.
- What CEOs don't know... Wang, Charles B. // Across the Board;Jun95, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p13
Opinion. Focuses on the need for chief executive officers to be conversant with information technology. Misunderstanding between corporate managers and their technology executives as a threat to American business; Need for chief information officers to participate in strategic planning. ...
- Companies That Embrace Innovation Grow "Fastest". Nooravi, Sherry // San Diego Business Journal;12/10/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 50, pS24
The article offers the author's view on the common actions of chief executive officers (CEO) in San Diego, California towards innovation which involves accountability, corporate culture as well as community and family.