Movers & Shakers
- Toomey Gains on Specter In Pennsylvania Primary. Freddoso, David // Human Events;4/5/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the close race between Conservative Representative Pat Toomey and Liberal incumbent Senator Arlen Specter in the Republican U.S. Senate Pennsylvania primary on April 27, 2004. Increase in the ratings of Toomey in a series of polls; Campaign efforts of Specter against Toomey; Concern...
- A tale of two candidate's campaigns. Goodrich, Lawrence J. // Christian Science Monitor;5/2/95, Vol. 87 Issue 109, p4
Follows the two GOP candidates who are standing in the presidential elections, former Educational Secretary Lamar Alexander and Sen. Arlen Specter on a typical day of their campaigning. Note on the election manifestos of the two candidates; Focus on their speech.
- Specter Wants Hearings on Iraqi Threat. // Human Events;3/18/2002, Vol. 58 Issue 11, p8
Presents an excerpt from an interview with Senator Arlen Specter (R.-Pa.) which discussed his call for congressional hearing to examine threat posed by Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein.
- Does Anita Hill Have Skirt Tails? Morris, Geoffrey // National Review;11/16/1992, Vol. 44 Issue 22, p26
The article ponders on the candidacy of politician Arlen Specter for the U.S. Senate in Pennsylvania in 1992 against political candidate Lynn Yeakel. Yeakel's decision to run was due to Specter's questioning of Anita Hill, a staff at the U.S. Department of Education, during the U.S. Supreme...
- Wise Guy: Arlen Specter. Daly, Ian // Details;Jun2009, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p94
An interview with U.S. Democratic senator Arlen Specter is presented. When asked how it felt to grow up as a Jewish in Kansas, he cites that he had engaged in occasional fighting as well as racial or religious verbal exchanges. He states that he is comfortable about belonging to the Democratic...
- Reid Eyes 'The Next 100 Days'. Brownstein, Ronald // National Journal;5/9/2009, p18
An interview with U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Democratic-Nevada, is presented. When asked about the most important thing that all of us do not know about the process of Arlen Specter becoming Democrat, he answered that Vice President Joe Biden was very influential. Reid explained...
- Who Really Does Control the Election Process? // Journal of Protective Coatings & Linings;May2012, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p4
The author reflects on the radio interview of former Pennsylvania Senator Arlen Specter which came up to the issue on the person in-charge in controlling the election process. He mentions that Specter states during the interview the difficulty in finding good candidates for the members of the...
- IN THE KNOW. // Hill;11/19/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 138, p34
The article reports on the different updates in the U.S. including Pennsylvania Senator Arlen Specter giving a kiss to Sally Ranney during a tour of Capitol Hill, National Geographic stores will be selling more than 250,000 items for its annual Warehouse sale and singers Mary J. Blige, Neil...
- People. // U.S. News & World Report;12/4/95, Vol. 119 Issue 22, p17
Focuses on Arlen Specter and his being in quest of the Republican presidential nomination. His comments which made him seem out of place among the conservative Republican Party; His decision to drop out of the race.