Former Presidential Candidate A Potential Telecom Ally?
- Straight telcom talk. // Broadcasting & Cable;07/24/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 31, p22
Interviews United States Senate Commerce Committee Chairman John McCain. McCain's return to the U.S. Senate after his presidential campaign; Telecommunications industry-related issues being considered by McCain's committee; Focus on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
- 'VERY, VERY WORRIED' OVER NORTH KOREA. Victor, Kirk // National Journal;2/15/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p520
Interviews U.S. senator John McCain (R-Ariz.) on various political issues as of February 15, 2003. Views about Iraq and North Korea; Disagreements with the Bush administration over the approach to North Korea; His explanation on why Democrats are divided over the issue of Iraq.
- John McCain. Pierce, Charles P. // Esquire;Jul2000, Vol. 133 Issue 1, p110
Interviews John McCain, a United States senator regarding the lessons he has learned in his lifetime. Lessons in politics; Views on loyalty; Importance of humor; Outlook on being a celebrity.
- Senator John McCain. Bolton, David // Rural Telecommunications;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p14
Presents an interview with United States Republican Senator John McCain regarding telecommunication in the US. McCain's opposition of the Telecommunications Act of 1996 legislation; Opinions of McCain regarding the US Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) implementation of the...
- LOOKING FORWARD: AN INTERVIEW WITH SENATOR JOHN MCCAIN (R-ARIZ.). // Kennedy School Review;2005, Vol. 6, p7
This article presents an interview with U.S. Senator John McCain. He presents insights into the issues of foreign policy, Social Security reform, and the partisan divide in the U.S. Congress. Firstly, he presented his views on energy independence, including calls for a new "Manhattan Project"...
- Always Vigilant. // SHOT Business;Oct/Nov2008, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p36
An interview with U.S. Republican presidential candidate John McCain is presented. When asked about his position on the Tiahrt Amendment, he cites his opposition to backdoor attempts to restrict Second Amendment rights. He explains his opposition to reinstating or expanding the assault weapon...
- FOX challenges McCain. Adesnik, David // Moderate Voice;4/21/2010, p9
An interview with Arizona Senator John McCain is presented. McCain says that he does not care if he is called a lot of things but he will fight against the healthcare plan and the spending of the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama. He considers himself a fighter and allows people to...
- ENCOURAGING COURAGE. Brink, Susan // U.S. News & World Report;5/10/2004, Vol. 136 Issue 16, p18
Presents an interview with Arizona Senator John McCain, about his new book, "Why Courage Matters." Comment on what defines courage; Comment on why he decided to write about courage now; Examples of people he considers to be courageous, including Burmese political activist Aung San Suu Kyi; Claim...
- Q & A With U.S. Sen. John McCain. // Franchising World;Jan2006, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p70
The article presents an interview with U.S. Senator John McCain. According to the senator, small franchised businesses provide the foundation for the economic growth of Arizona. He states that the Small Business Health Fairness Act or the association health plan bill has raised issues in the...