Responding To The Critics
- Back From Beyond. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Nov2001, p8
Reports on the resumption of the operations of the Iridium satellite communications system, as of November 2001.
- Iridium flying high. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;4/2/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p4
Reports that Iridium's gateway in Tempe, Arizona, became fully operational in March 2001 with voice service available via its satellite network to remote customers all over the world.
- Death of the LEOsats. // Telecom Asia;Apr2006, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p9
The article looks at the collapse of LEOsat operator, Iridium. In his analysis of the case, "Telecom Asia" global group editorial director Grahame Lynch points out Iridium's mistakes that led to its collapse. Lynch reported that Iridium's direct competitor, Globalstar is reviewing its marketing...
- LIVE VIA SATELLITE. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;9/17/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 12, p28
Discusses the changes needed for the success of the mobile satellite services (MSS) industry in the United States (U.S.). Financial problems experienced by several MSS providers, including Iridium and ICO Communications; Revision of the business plans of Iridium, ICO and Globalstar...
- Iridium takes off from Down Under. Colquhoun, Lachlan // Telecom Asia;Jan2002, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p12
Reports on Quadrant Australia's relaunching of Iridium Inc.'s earth-to-satellite mobile communications service in Asia. Changes in Iridium's business strategy; Quadrant's target markets for Iridium's services.
- Iridium finds its place. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;12/18/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p7
Reports the launch of Iridium Satellite LLC, formerly known as Iridium LLC, as a mobile satellite service provider for government and remote commercial operations in the United States.
- Satphone Update. Fales, Dan // MotorBoating;Nov2002, Vol. 190 Issue 5, p32
Provides information on the satellite telephone services offered by telecommunication companies to boaters. Companies that established the first satellite systems; Big-ship and small-boat services offered by Inmarsat; Success of the cellphone-like system of Iridium.
- Rags to Riches. // MotorBoating;Mar2005, Vol. 195 Issue 3, p64
Provides information on satellite communications company Iridium. Financial crisis experienced by the company; Renewal of the company's contract with the U.S. Department of Defense; Performance of the company in the maritime market.
- Back From the Brink. // MotorBoating;Aug2001, Vol. 188 Issue 2, p30
Focuses on the re-emergence of the Iridium company. Details on the bankruptcy of the company; Factors contributing to the bankruptcy of the company; How Gino Picasso, chief executive officer of the company, dealt with the problem.