China's Flawed Chip Strategy
- Conflicting Reports on TSMC's China Fab Application. // Electronic News;12/16/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 51, pN.PAG
Deals with the conflicting reports that are emerging from Asia, questioning the status of the application of Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd. (TSMC) to build a fab in China. Decision of the Taiwanese government to the plans of TSMC; Background on the application made by TSMC for the...
- TSMC to slash spending. McGrath, Dylan // Electronic News;06/29/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2225, p22
Discloses that Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Corp. (TSMC) has confirmed that it will cut its capital spending after reporting its monthly sales for May 1998 were its weakest of the year. Total amount trimmed by TSMC, Microelectronics Group, and other Taiwanese companies from their planned...
- TSMC reorganizes worldwide operations. // Electronic News;10/12/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2240, p24
Reports on Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co.'s (TSMC) reorganization of its corporate marketing, sales and operations organizations worldwide. Management changes; Appointment of Magnus Ryde as president of TSMC-USA.
- Going to graze-land. // Electronic News;1/8/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2098, p4
Comments that Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC) may purchase a 133-acre site in Hillsboro, Oregon. Site to be used for a TSMC joint-venture with Altera and other unnamed partners; Site location in the vacinity of plants being built by Intel, Komatsu Steel and Integrated Device...
- How TSMC stays ahead. McGrath, Dylan // Electronic News;04/27/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2216, p26
Looks at the business growth at Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. (TSMC) in 1997. Total revenues; Construction of manufacturing facilities; Production capacity at planned facilities; Background on founding of Hsinchu Science-Based Industrial Park; TSMC's launch of semiconductor...
- Upbeat mood at Semicon Taiwan, but earthquake rattles Island's chipmakers. Addison, Craig // Solid State Technology;Nov99, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p35
Presents update on the semiconductor industry during the SEMICON Taiwan 1999 conference and after the September 1999 earthquake. Projected capital investment for Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. in 2000; Why foundries are forming partnerships with equipment and materials suppliers; Signs...
- Of Trends and Bends in the Semi Market. Manners, David // Electronic News;12/17/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 51, p20
Reports on the trends in the semiconductor industry. Construction of a semiconductor wafer fab announced by Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd.; Discontinuity of the industry; Observation of economist Sir Alec Cairncross on the phenomena of trend.
- TSMC in top ten of chip league. // Electronics Weekly;7/31/2002, Issue 2063, p5
Reports on the list of top semiconductor manufacturers which were ranked by IC Insights based on sales for the first half of 2002. Revenues of other business enterprises; Information on TSMC company.
- Pure-play foundries. // Electronic Design;11/6/95, Vol. 43 Issue 23, p20
Editorial. Reflects the developments of pure-play commercial foundry in the semiconductor industry. Design expertise attached to the foundry; Reasons for the developments; Role of the Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company in the industry.