Strategic Alliances: Collaborate or Evaporate
- The Middle Marketer. Cook, Randall David // Financial Planning;Jan2002, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p89
Interviews financial planner Sheryl Garrett on the challenges of accommodating middle class clients. Information on Garret Planning Network; Ways to serve the middle market; Approach in generating profit in advising the middle class on a hourly basis.
- Sheryl Garrett on Why 400,000 Planners Are Needed…and Where They'll Come From. Lee, Shelley A. // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p16
This article presents an interview with financial planner Sheryl Garrett, the founder and president of Garrett Planning Network. Garrett discusses her focus on hourly financial planning for the mass market, middle-income population in the United States, her un-satisfaction with the state of...
- Blazing an Independent Trail. Benz, Christine // Morningstar Practical Finance;Feb2010, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p6
An interview with Sheryl Garrett, founder of Garrett Planning Network, is presented. She says that fees charged to clients were based on their assets and earned income. She indicates that members coming into their group have up to five years to obtain their Certified Financial Planner (CFP)...
- Europe's new pecking order? Berendt, Annelise // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep98, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p25
Focuses on strategic alliance trends among telecommunication companies in Europe to expand communication networks in the country. Involvement of companies such as Esprit Telecom and Viatel to carve out niche markets in the region; Plans of industry players to give more attention to neglected...
- Intelligent alliances. Segil, Larraine // Executive Excellence;Jul97, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p19
Discusses ways on how to develop a well-planned strategic alliance. Development of an internal strategic analysis as it relates to both tactical and strategic alliances; Process of developing strategy; Distinction between strategic and tactical alliances; Benefits from the strategy.
- A Preliminary Typology of Learning in International Strategic Alliances. Tsang, Eric W. K. // Journal of World Business;Fall99, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p211
The idea of gaining access to sources of know-how located outside of the organization through strategic alliances is increasingly popular. This article examines the issue of learning in strategic alliances. Two different objects of learning are discussed and compared. They are "learning the...
- VERBALTEK/MVION FORM MARKETING ALLIANCE. // Telephone IP News;Dec2000, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p2
Reports on the marketing alliance formed by VerbalTek Inc. and mvion.
- FAULDING ACQUIRES RIGHTS TO PACLITAXEL IN EUROPE. // Worldwide Biotech;Apr2001, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p2
Focuses on the long-term alliance made by Faulding Pharmaceuticals with NaPro Biotherapeutics, Inc. for the marketing and sale of paclitaxel throughout Europe.
- Teaming up for success. Doorley III, Thomas L. // Business Quarterly;Summer93, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p99
Discusses how strategic alliances provide growth and improve competitiveness in corporations. Examples of corporations forming alliances; Advantages and risks.